Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Mado Gianni's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

Noah Baumbach tackles the issue of the generation gap and the social media era with simplicity and caress. Sensible dialogue and smart narrative threads are clad in ordinariness whilst they never fail to entertain and keep the spectator engaged until the end.

2. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

Noah Baumbach movies tend to work for me. This one worked for me. It's a fun look at the differences between the young and old, veering between upbeat moments and scenes steeped in bitterness, and has great turns from Ben Stiller, Naomi Watts, Adam Driver, Amanda Seyfried, and Charles Grodin.

3. Paul Handley's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

A film of two halves; the first half quite funny as the 40something couple are seduced by hipsterdom, the second half dull as dishwater as it all gets a bit serious and becomes a bit trite by the end.

4. Dead Sam's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

This feels like a guilty pleasure. I want to rate it less highly for being artificial while trying to give a heart-felt exploration of aging, drive and principles. But the fact is it was enjoyable and well done. I keenly wanted to keep watching for the "clash".

5. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

6. Le Ciné Chez Nico's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

7. SonOfRambow's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

Well this is the comedy genre, I never take it seriously, but with this I did. As a film-student myself I found it hilarious because I could relate so much to these characters chasing after success. As well having lecturers who procrastinate like crazy over a film idea, but never make it. I hardly ever laugh at films, seriously, but through this I just got hysterical cuz I get it, I really do get it. Finally.

8. Blumes's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

Baumbach figured something out with Frances Ha and he's been running with it (and enriching it) ever since.

9. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

10. Louis Robert's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

You just gotta love how Baumbach understand and present human interactions in a very accurate, modern way. His directing style just feels right. Oh and I love Adam Driver in this role!

11. _sans.soleil_'s rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

Just when I started to wonder if I should stop watching Woody A. films... Thank you, Noah Baumbach. Please continue on making movies portraying white people rambling on about upper-middle-class existential "problems" -about how to grow up is a trap and stuff-. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

12. angelicidea's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

A few nice touches, but an ultimately predictable plot.

13. DenoResandono's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

WHILE WE'RE YOUNG is actually a good movie which depicting a middle age crisis. Noah Baumbach put some social commentaries in this movie. Some of it works, and some don't. But mostly don't. In my opinion, WHILE WE'RE YOUNG lacks of focus. The storytelling kinda muddled. At some point, I feel bored with it. Fortunately, some of the jokes worked. The cast is good, actually. Almost ruined by its storytelling...

14. Lola Finch's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

naomi watts' pink shoes and barbed wire tattoo were nice

15. Machupi's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

Trop évident mais Ben Stiller quoi

16. laura's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

pretty uncomfortably didactic, and the last name "brietbart" has aged terribly

17. Balthaz21's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

18. ughchenausea's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

19. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

This is in many ways the most boilerplate Baumbach romcom I've seen but oddly (or perhaps not coincidentally) also probably the best

20. Laura Ivaškėvičiūte's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

sooooo boring. thumbs up for adam driver

21. Cherry's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

22. Ryan O'Connor (23)'s rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

23. thelastronaut's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

While not Baumbach's best (a bit too on the nose), there were still some good jokes in there. And hey, any movie with both Ad-Rock and Peter Bogdanovich deserves at least three stars right?

24. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Gefühlt Mitte Zwanzig

The kind of film that leaves you with a big smile on your face. I love the way Baumbach deals with modern society in his films. How here he opposes the two sides of a concept like being old or being young and lying oppose being truthful. The fact that the film is also about documentary film making is even more relevant to the story. Great writing. Great acting by everyone, especially Stiller and Driver. 3.5 stars