MUBI is a global streaming service, production company and film distributor dedicated to elevating great cinema. Our mission is to create, curate, acquire and champion visionary films, bringing them to audiences all over the world. To make this possible, we’ve brought together a team of ambitious and passionate people who have influenced the biggest community of film lovers, anywhere. Today, we have around 250 employees worldwide. , including London, New York, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Paris, Rome, Bologna, Vienna, Berlin, Cologne and Istanbul.
MUBI is a hybrid-remote company and requires its team members to come into the office 2-3 days a week if they’re located near an office. For this role, we are only open to applicants based in London.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a key member of the leadership team, the Director of Financial Reporting and Accounting will report to the Chief Financial Officer and assume a critical role in the overall financial management of the business. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing improvements across the business and establishing best-in-class finance operations and accounting policies and processes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures. Ensure the company is IPO or transaction ready.
- Drive the accounting and reporting integration of subsidiaries.
- Deliver the necessary changes to ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Drive improvements in the management accounts and upgrades of the company’s accounting and operating system software.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the month-end close process, reviewing procedures and eliminating inefficiencies.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts, and overhead cost allocation.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices in accordance with US GAAP.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent) with 5+ years PQE in Accounting
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Demonstrable experience working with multiple legal entities, intercompany accounting and multi-territory accounting.
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems (eg. Netsuite)
- Experience with M&A integration
- Media/Film experience within production or distribution
- US GAAP Experience
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV, with the subject line “Finance Director Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Please note that it's important for us to bring someone in who is excited by our mission, so only applications with a cover letter will be considered.
MUBI is committed to equal opportunities for our team members and candidates applying for our roles. It's our responsibility to ensure that candidates do not feel discriminated against in our hiring processes or employment decisions based on race, colour, religion, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics.
We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make us, our product, and our business better.