Valoraciones & Críticas

1. Antares Rising's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Reygadas dives headlong into class and amorality among the elite of Mexico City and their servants.

2. Guillaume's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Wonderful movie, for the crystal-clear directing, the long shots of Mexico City, and for the actors. Anapola Mushkadiz was such a revelation, but all actors are so natural and extremely well directed. A great movie about the human condition, especially the confusion that people can experience as their life got derailed by some of their choices, or when trying to make sense of the actions of other people around them.

3. Ghostman's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Carlos Reygadas fulfills the promise he gave when he made Japon, announcing to world cinema he was a filmmaker to be reckoned with; here making a masterpiece that will age as well as any bottle of Pinot Noir dusting away in a decrepit French wine cellar. When I finished the film, I was reminded of the Tarkovsky quote, saying cinema should be about relating one person to the whole world. This film is that & then some.

4. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

A humanistic challenge to “film” people and its cynical subculture. Is your heart clear and good enough to understand? Not a difficult film; it is people’s notions and emotions that are in disarray.

5. Pok's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Pretentious bullshit.

6. Nicole's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

I mean, I get why Korine liked this movie, I like Reygada's real masterpiece Silent of Light more for sure. Jesus, this film is riddled with static acting and terrible people and it shows.

7. Kwemo's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

I really love a lot of things about this film but I can't stand the shock tactics and the tropes. It feels as if Reygadas is talking down to the audience. This movie had the potential to be a top tier film if Reygadas had the confidence in his work to supplement the more crass, boring, and stereotypical aspects for more subtle ones. I found myself far too often rolling my eyes almost immediately after a great scene.

8. Pancho Legaspi's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

reygadas at its worst is pretty good but naps are too

9. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Overexposed in more ways than one. With washed out visuals and deliberately awful sound mixing, this is an extremely difficult film to watch. However, it never comes together in a way that allows for thematic clarity so ends up feeling like empty provocation. Notable for unusually sexualised bodies (opening inspired similar in Ford's Nocturnal Animals?), less notable for infuriating ending which leaves bitter taste.

10. Renton47's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

It is evident in almost every respect that Battle is intended to be an unpleasant and difficult work - an image-maker of extreme beauty who here washes out almost every image in light or darkness, making the moral dilemma visual. My main issue is this contrast is repeated in almost every scene to point of nausea. That the sublime will always be interrupted by blasphemy is rendered effective and disturbingly.

11. Melissa Lynch's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

This was one of my favorite films I have watched on MUBI. The story was about a man and his wife that kidnapped a child. The man began to lose his mind when the child they took ended up actually dying. He tries to force himself to turn himself into the police, but he instead stabs the woman. This movie was full of suspense and I would recommend seeing this. The plot was intriguing and it was full of avid scenes.

12. Adam GR's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

An unabashed masculine energy visually and aurally meditates on its innate primality. The direction is exciting, the locations captured with ardor and nuance. I love how scenes pan over to nature, listen to the wind, feel the sun on the lens. Naked as the truth. Oblique rumination of man's incarnations. The latter blowjob reveals a true monster. I would've voted this Cannes Best Director over Haneke (Caché, 2005).

13. cristalm.rc0007's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Personajes meditabundos, que te hacen sentir incómoda(do) pues constituyen parte de una realidad de la cual no somos parte

14. Erik F.'s rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

15. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

16. Ignatz's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Total and absolute caca de caballo. Absolutely pointless, no discernable message or purpose. MUBI, I think we need some time apart.

17. pensum's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Wonderful film with excellent camera work and editing, and an elusive, and allusive, narrative.

18. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Whatever you do don't take your driver to watch this film with your daughter.

19. Chearth's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

20. Luca's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Una sequenza ininterrotta di scene simboliche e concrete. Frammenti di una società dissociata: un disco incrinato che continua a marciare; una campana che ha perduto "la parola"; una città di sentimenti distorti; una discarica nella quale gli ultimi esseri umani capaci di sudare e sanguinare rovistano alla ricerca di un scarto, di un pezzo di felicità da consumare crudo; una fellatio in questa prigione di cielo.

21. p.mainka's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Disturbing and long drawn out story. Some kind of bad actors. Interesting scenery, bit part players an dummys give me a picture of Mexico so interesting I was able to finish this symbolic tour de force.

22. misu's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

23. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Tequila vitriol cocktail. Mexico = crime + foot + religion. Too long, endless static shots & fat bodies. This abject affair of a stupid driver with a borderline Lolita gives nausea, incl. blowjobs === Cocktail tequila vitriol. Mexique = crime + foot + religion. Trop de plans statiques, de corps adipeux. Cette histoire abjecte d'un chauffeur stupide avec une Lolita borderline donne la nausée, y compris les fellations.

24. Ivan's rating of the film Batalla en el cielo

Reygadas con esta pelicula asienta varios temas controversiales en la metrópolis de la ciudad de México, sin embargo, como todos sabemos la narrativa de Reygadas es ambigua y el contexto que nos coloca no nos deja apreciar realmente los temas que tocan. Sin embargo, vale la pena echar una mirada ya que Reygadas se desataca nuevamente como el director con el discurso original, sin pretenciones y pasional.

← Previous 1 3 4