Valoraciones & Críticas

1. pintobean's rating of the film Birth

Quietly devastating. I'm not sure how else to put it. The score is wonderful, not at all what I expected, and Nicole Kidman... agh! Nicole Kidman!!!!

2. Alex Lewis's rating of the film Birth

A sudden death leaves a trail of pain that meanders, sometimes silently, sometimes mercilessly, through the subconscious.

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Birth

I fell in love with this movie and I don't know why. BIRTH explored the theme of love in a unique way. I don't think it's a romance. It's a movie about love and how love could change someone into an unexplained state. That "someone" is played by the amazing Nicole Kidman. I knew some people hated BIRTH because its conclusion. Maybe the director wanted the audience feel that way. Because sometimes love is upsetting...

4. Joe Bowman's rating of the film Birth

If Showgirls was our culture’s collective whoopsidaisy of the 90s—by that, I mean the film critics and audiences both maligned only to realize how wrong they were years later—then Jonathan Glazer’s Birth is that of the Aughts. No film this daring, surprising, and brilliant should ever have a 33% on Rotten Tomatoes. And it’s easily in Nicole Kidman’s top 3 best performances... and Lauren Bacall plays her mother!

5. HKFanatic's rating of the film Birth

One of the great love stories of the 21st century. Jonathan Glazer's "Birth" isn't afraid to go to some transgressive and uncomfortable places, nor does it shy away from the humor inherent in a little boy claiming to be the reincarnation of a well-to-do Manhattanite woman's dead husband. But Harris Savides' amber-and-gold hued cinematography and Alexandre Desplat's score crucially emphasize the tragedy of it all.

6. Psycoteraphy's rating of the film Birth

7. Ryan Brennan's rating of the film Birth

Glazers exploration of grief is penetrating, directing us into the darkness of Anna's loss and suffering. Kidman relies on the depth and acuity of her physical behavior / expressions to tell her story where words would fall short. The most chilling part of the story is how the boy brings her husband to life - using her own words and (distorted) memories. He becomes a projection of her broken psyche. This one hurt

8. Adam GR's rating of the film Birth

An intangible experience. Brunettes. Bacall. Snowset frames. Glowing score. Gloriously understated performances. Jonathan Glazer's sterile, probing, shapeless voice. Its memory fades like sleet.

9. bryanvmh's rating of the film Birth

Don't go running in Central Park, according to TV and movies there is a 95% chance of death. Is Sean Sean or is Sean not Sean but another Sean? Remains to be seen.

10. Disa's rating of the film Birth

the fact that I just remember recently that my mom forbid me to watch this movie when I was 13 and watching it now and wonder if I let my 13 year old self watched this. this movie is like a beautiful curated mess that my 13 year self wouldnt be able to handle and understand how wrong all the gestures "Sean" had.

11. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Birth

Una película en donde el misterio fracasa a consecuencia de un descubrimiento en la historia. A pesar, el filme de Glazer tiene dos escenas memorables. La primera: un niño ingresa a una casa y las luces se apagan. El director gusta de la creación de atmósferas que rompen con la lógica, un salto alucinatorio. La segunda: primer plano a Kidman. Es la mirada del espectador. Además, la reencarnación como tema cautivante.

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Birth

13. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Birth

I only want to be Sean if Nicole Kidman was my mom and Lauren Bacall my granny.

14. hemachandra's rating of the film Birth

Birth is an uncomfortably fascinating film with a phenomenal performance from Kidman and a generous but chilling cinematography. The film is filled with vibes of Kubrick; especially Glazer's visionary direction. My only problem with the film is that I felt the ambiguous revelation was not strong enough. I didn't like the climax as well. I think that the lead characters meeting years later would have been better.

15. spAce_'s rating of the film Birth

"I guess we'll meet in another life."

16. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Birth

a director who knows what we want most is an unbroken 2 minute close-up of nicole darting her eyes back and forth in a manic paranoiac state

17. ig_____or's rating of the film Birth

Need to rewatch this very soon to decide wether it deserves the fifth star.

18. Kamran's rating of the film Birth

a complex and delicately executed rumination on the connection between identity, love, and belief. 92/100 - Amazing.

19. Blue Roses's rating of the film Birth

20. film_lies101's rating of the film Birth

It's downright criminal more people don't recognize what a masterpiece this is

21. Absentia's rating of the film Birth

Really, i don't understand the criticism to this film..."Birth" is an intimate and profound love-movie. "Birth" is a reflection on eternal love. Jonathan Glazer makes an elegance, refined and authentic drama. Final scene is one of the most intense and disturbing that i've seen in recent times. Shamefully underrated...or, i hope, unfortunately misunderstood.

22. sainte's rating of the film Birth

Loved the soundtrack. Added an extra level of mystery and eeriness to the movie. I really had no idea where it was going to take me. Really well made movie.

23. giovanni's rating of the film Birth

24. Lutka's rating of the film Birth

Good photo, but slow and predictable. (SPOILER)! The resolution with the girl from the begining that we forgot through the film is a pitty.