Valoraciones & Críticas

1. camille demers-lambert's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

2. Yang's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

At times, especially the beginning, I thought i wouldn't be able to stand the intensely shaky, "realistic" cinematography, Ultimately however, it gave the film a sort of playful, unperturbed feeling that matches it's plot and main character. It's funny and melancholic, and most importantly, sincere. Responsibility and love obstructed by immaturity.

3. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

How the Safdies can make so much with so little has me utterly astounded. Probably the most inspirational writer-directors right now for me.

4. Carolina Frade's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

5. lola's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

Thought this would make me broody but it did NOT

6. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

An intimate, character-driven look at parenthood from the Safdie brothers. As a father, Lenny endeavors to be his kids' best friend while trying to prevent his already chaotic existence from falling apart. At times we find ourselves passionately engaging with his jokes, at others commiserating his unreliability as a dad. This is behavioral, muscular filmmaking - spontaneity of action being its greatest strength.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

Not a bad film, but it's hard to get past just how irresponsible and selfish the main character (played by Ronald Bronstein, who also helped to craft the script) is and how little he deserves to have two weeks with his kids when he can barely be a proper father to them for two minutes at a time.

8. atpgaga's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

The 16mm film stock and retro New York setting recalls Jonas Mekas' As I Was Moving Ahead I Occasionally Saw Some Brief Glimpses of Beauty. I watched this expecting an enjoyable indie throwaway about a Manic Pixie Dream Dad. It is so much more than that, it's darker, more vibrant.

9. G x's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

A really interesting film. As with all of the Safdie´s previous work, New York is represented as such an engulfing presence; chaotic, thrilling, amusing, and terrifying in equal measure. They have also managed to coax a number of great performances, which are better than those which you may usually find in similar productions of this nature.

10. Holly McGratten's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

Second half is gripping and unfortunately only works with the first half so stick with it. Great and annoying acting with stressful and relevant cinematography. Followed the protagonist through all of his mistakes.

11. Eva Bosch's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

12. bingbongjones's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

13. manybits's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

I love that Leni (Eleonore Hendricks) is basically the same character from The Pleasure of Being Robbed. The ever expanding Safdie's universe is full of black holes.

14. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

15. saitosouta's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

"Daddy Longlegs" este filmul autograf care există dintre dragoste adâncă și vrăjmășie complicată la tata fraților Safdie. Cum face față de amintiri de tata lor, conturbându-se întotdeaună pe Safdie cu purtarea iresponsibilă și zăpăcită? Acesta îl răsfrânge pe procesul său usturător și spinos de căutarea răspunsului. // 今作はサフディ兄弟の、父への深い愛と複雑な嫌悪の間にある自伝的映画だ。無責任さと無茶で彼らを苛んできた父親の思い出にどう決着をつけるか?その答えを探し求める辛辣で痛切な過程がここに映し出されている。

16. AugusteB's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

The camera made me sick but the film stayed with me for a long time...

17. MADAMEDE's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

18. Jason's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

Slow burn terrorist assault on the part of you that wants to identify w/ a friendly-enough protagonist. Successful and not pleasant.

19. Lightintodark's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

"It's my screw, I am entitled to screw up. You can screw for the rest of the year"

20. FailedImitator's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

How does this compare to Pleasure of Being Robbed? The only thing I liked about that one was Eleonore Hendricks who's also apparently in this one.

21. Mike Spence's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

So this is the same films as Go Get Some Rosemary?

22. Kaifu's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

This is the new name for GO GET SOME ROSEMARY and should be combined with that entry.

23. Brian Padian's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

24. Ivan Faerman's rating of the film Busquen algo de romero (Papaíto Piernaslargas)

Ronald es dinamita. Lo escuché decir que al principio le parecía que los Safdie le estaban tomando el pelo. No es difícil de entender por qué.