För en bättre upplevelse på MUBI, uppdatera din webbläsare.

Valoraciones & Críticas

1. ejonline's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

Eh. I didn't care about these people and in the end it didn't make me care about Los Angeles. Perhaps I couldn't get past how Altman seemed to treat women in this movie. The bodily vulnerability was not equally distributed and it didn't read like a critique of the patriarchy or the male gaze to me.

2. Andrew Lang's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

Robert Altman assembled one of the greatest casts ever for this epic film. He somehow manages to take on deadly serious subject matter: life, love and death - including murder and a child being killed - and yet never have the movie feel heavy. Despite dark undercurrents, it's almost always light and entertaining: a sugar-coated pill indeed. Colour palette is vibrant, as is Jack Lemmon's monologue.

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

8.4/10, my review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3zl "Altman is a superlative orchestrator of balancing act in conjuring up a kaleidoscopic cross section of a contemporary malaise that scourges the earth."

4. pirri's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

5. Tigrão's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

"Is that your face, or your neck just threw up?" You can really consider Short Cuts as the father of PTA's Magnolia, both in scope and style. The wonderful cast seem to radiate in front of Altman's camera.

6. Dalibor's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

What amazes is the simplicity and ease with which this ensemble of seemingly improvised stories carries on for three whole hours, joyously interconnecting for no reason, whilst independent on the levels of a short artsy film about drunk fishermen and naked drowned girl. Bergman's "Fanny and Alexander" meets L.A. congestion.

7. N. C.'s rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

3 hours watching a bunch of stupid disgusting men doing nothing thinking they are something more than shit.

8. Luis Pires's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

A good companion piece to Magnolia.

9. Robertus Alexander's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

Jack Lemmon's character comes straight out of Wim Wenders' world.

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

11. FISCHER's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

Certainement à ce jour, un des films les plus aboutis de Robert Altman, qui maîtrise avec brio ces destins parallèles, avec une virtuosité à vous couper le souffle, à travers un montage lumineux, limpide, frisant la perfection et qui restera pour longtemps encore une puissante et magistrale leçon de cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

12. Madeleine Davis's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

13. Ike Zwanikken's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

14. Yumi Kaioh's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

15. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

julianne and matthews scene is so good

16. astygianelysium's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

The tenderest scene: Stormy Weathers cutting up furniture while the carpet man shampoos the rug. This is exactly what I want out of romance: two people coexisting, each in his own world. Even when their projects are intrinsically contradictory, the non-reflexive proximity holds strong.

17. James Mackin's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

I do enjoy these large-scale ensemble pieces showing the interconnectedness of everything, with very large casts. But I wanted Tim Robbins to die by the end, and that didn't happen, so that was a bummer. But yeah, really good movie.

18. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

19. Chris's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

definitely good, but i prefer magnolia tbh

20. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

This is not just a film. This is REAL LIFE (even better). Suzy, we love you!

21. bartkl's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

This film understands life. Did you even think about the medfly disaster after an hour? There's always something like that, but everyday life issues take over, always. The humor and absurdity further confirm comprehension of the nature of life, and especially the role of love and its difficulties. It has a wonderful, jazzy style, with deliberate overacting at times and much camera movement. And that beautiful intro!

22. ulises lima's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

4,5 (che meraviglioso tripudio di infedeltà coniugale)

23. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

At the risk of heresy, I don't think this is top-shelf Altman. The cast is an amazing who's-who of everyone in indie films circa 1990, and there's a certain pleasure to the way the plot diffuses, with loose ends splayed in all directions. But it's also stretched thin and uneven, with its characters feeling less like complete people than like actors showing off their chops.

24. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Short Cuts: Vidas cruzadas

It's a long film, but definitely worth it. Incredible cast of characters and a nice unifying theme. What else could you want?

← Previous 1 3 4