Valoraciones & Críticas

1. DrFirestone's rating of the film Stray Dogs

This film focuses on mood and emotion rather than a story or characters. Silence can be so beautiful and calming, but at times can also form a desperate and invisible cry for help. It's quite beautifully shot and it reminds me of the memorable "The Wayward Cloud". Here, however, some of the static sequences feel a bit overdone. For sure, it's a film that lingers. A distilled, uneasy emotion...

2. Diego Silva Ardila's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Las dos escenas finales (excelentes por cierto) no justifican la sucesión de escenas prolongadas en algunos casos sin sentido por más de dos horas. Es una película llena de belleza, emocionante y que deja muchos interrogantes abierta. Me parece que en algunos momentos, pierde profundidad de argumento y la percibo como pretenciosa.

3. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Stray Dogs

If only every slow-paced contemplative film made today were as generous, colourful and beautiful as this one.

4. Pegarange's rating of the film Stray Dogs

8/10. When it comes to showing apathy, helplessness, and solitude in rainy, dirty Taibei, no one matches Cai Mingliang. Beautiful cinematography, wonderfully introspective atmosphere, incredible last two shots.

5. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Heavy-hearted, like a derelict building with sick walls crying after the flood. Or the homeless father standing with the billboard, breathing exhaust fumes and singing the song of lost hope and regret. But at the same time a beauty, in the way only melancholy can be, drawn in long shots that you occasionally mistake for still photographs. Ones you don’t want to stop looking at.

6. tubbssw's rating of the film Stray Dogs

I was able to do the washing up during the final overdone scene. However, prior to that, there were some worthwhile depressing scenes helped by some depressing interiors, exteriors and the wet weather. A commendable non-reliance on the spoken word is also worthy of mention.

7. Andreea's rating of the film Stray Dogs

A picture is worth a thousand words. And I really feel like cabbage... Jokes aside, powerful images and themes, although painfully slow.

8. Nestor Santacroce's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Por momentos se diluye su belleza narrativa por la prolongación innecesaria de algunas escenas. Quizás con cinco minutos de quietud se expresan cosas que, en diez minutos se convierten en modorra, más allá de las excelentes interpretaciones actorales y bella fotografía.

9. Renton47's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Having only previously seen a few Tsai films, my impression of what this might resemble proved startlingly unimaginative. It occupies a space where the boundary between realism and fable is liminal, and both prove heartbreaking and transcendent via their duration. Although I think it's ultimately a tragic tale, it mainly evokes awe.

10. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Your exam film to pass advanced cinephile degree in patience. Joke aside, this film tell about Life where time is slow and there is nothing to distract you from hunger and the fight for survival except some art on a wall. The degrading life on the street is hard to document as people who live it usually hides away from society. This poetic reflecting film forces us to digest poverty with no editing to help us.

11. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film Stray Dogs

By stripping cinema of most of its trappings (music, camera movement, editing), Ming-Liang forces us to focus on the characters. By making them enigmatic, he forces us to see and identify with their anguish. It's film at its most simple, yet complex. It holds you in its grasp, haunting the mind and breaking the heart. This one's going to linger with me for a while.

12. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Stray Dogs

13. German's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Hay ocasiones -raras ocasiones- en que uno tiene toda la sensación de estar ante una película que merece ser calificada como una obra de arte y, sin embargo, no logra ser atrapado por ella. Esta es una de esas raras ocasiones. Los planos, la fotografía, el estatismo, todo en Stray Dogs lleva a verla como una obra fuertemente estética. Sin embargo, no hemos podido entregarnos a su seducción.

14. fgonzalezse's rating of the film Stray Dogs

15. Santiago Robles's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Half a star for the billboard-guys scene, another half for the cabbage eating scene. Both beautiful and brilliant. The rest was so dull it made me unconfortable but not interesting-unconfortable like, for example, "2001". Just really boring. Seems to me that the idea was better than the movie it self.

16. Christian Murillo's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Una conmovedora historia, con una aproximacion antropologica a la vida delos seres vivos en la ciudad, sus problemas y sus formas de desahogarse.

17. Mario Ostrowski's rating of the film Stray Dogs

As usual Tsai Ming-Liang is incredibe, this one is his most formal and rigorous; the final scene, likely a cinematic landmark, is unforgettable, as is all of his films...

18. Marie-Soleil Choquette's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Ma coloc : « On dirait que ton film est sur pause depuis que je suis arrivée. » Et c’est exactement ça le génie de Tsai Ming Liang. Des plans tableaux. L’Art de raconter un récit qui avance entre les plans (et rarement dans l’action même du plan), des cadrages sublimes, une mise en scène subtile, des acteurs qui prennent le temps... Stray Dogs est un autre exemple d’une cinématographie hors du commun.

19. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Stray Dogs

Tsai Ming-Liang images put you immediately in a state of superior attention and concentration. You can say it lacks movement or action but there is a special intensity about it. "Stray dogs" is probably his most political film, about a family of outcasted in today´s Taiwan. The construction is not linear and it adds mystery to this work. Never was his cinema that desperate and the urban angst that tangible.

20. lesminho's rating of the film Stray Dogs

21. nuserky's rating of the film Stray Dogs

This film is incredible slow! I gave up after half an hour where nothing happend.

22. Silke Neryn's rating of the film Stray Dogs

I cried like a child when he finally put his arms around her.

23. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Stray Dogs