Valoraciones & Críticas

1. Nicole's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Possibly the first Linklater film I was fascinated with before watching-this guy shot a film entirely in one place and it was interesting?? After so many years, it's still damn interesting with pretty good character actor moments for Ethan Hawke here. One of Uma Thurman's more underrated roles. A well-earned twist. Then when I really got into Linklater I think I had the exact same reaction to Boyhood's backstory.

2. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Linklater uses digital to create a tight, eerie intimacy that seems very spur of the moment and improvised- only heightening the already high tensions.

3. Seesaw's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

What's beautiful is the simplicity of filmmaking is revealed in each shots and as it goes, it tries to overcome.

4. Allison Rung's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Like ROPE (Hitchcock) but in a motel room

5. vv's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

♡* love Uma Thurman in this

6. Danny Indio's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Unclear direction. Unreal acting. Unbelievable plot.

7. Coleman Hough's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

8. Malcolm Harris's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

It's amazing that this movie didn't age badly, which means it was pretty smart in the first place. They should be doing this as a high school play now.

9. Loz Loory's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

3.5 Not at all an Ethan Hawke fan, but found him perfect in this role of a needy, meddling, washed-up hotshot who still thinks he's fascinating. Subject matter is still pertinent today, as white males try to come to terms with their power and privilege. Kudos for the writing of Amy's character. She is the "deus ex machina" who matter-of-factly sets them both straight.

10. Hannah Gonzalez's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

This was a very interesting take on the male mind. The way it started by the amain character just throwing off his shoes in the hotel room made me laugh and think of a male figure. Once we got into talking about rape, and remembering two difference things within one scenario I got confused on the film. It was a great discription on the difference between men and female minds.

11. Baylee Bell's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

I found this film to be a good perspective on morals and how we as humans act according to them to maintain an appearance. The two men in the this film have vastly different stances and positions on life. Seeing them talk to each other about whether they should live respectfully or authentically is interesting. And at the end the women at the forefront of their conversation makes them both question their actions.

12. Gryphonix's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Very well acted, especially by Ethan Hawke who is incredibly annoying and therefore believable as Vince. Also timely, since it shows the nuanced story of a date-rape through the eyes of those involved, and so avoids generalization. But the ending doesn't really work.

13. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

14. Alice's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Surprisingly shocking and intriguing from start to finish.

15. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

"I didn't know love could be so cruel."

16. Sin título.'s rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

17. burning_chrome's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

18. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

A bitter and hilarious homage to the "What is exactly happening right now, Is it real? I think I might just get the fuck outta here ASAP" moments of life. A very surprising film. Pretty overlooked too. Love the old video camera look. 3.5 stars.

19. ap's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

20. Nachtreich's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

21. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

22. Mugino's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

Grainy handheld video and the pallid seediness of a cheap motel room provide the stage for this layered confessional. Self-serving subjectivity and disingenuous motivations bounce among the cast, made more claustrophobic and suffocating by the transition from theatre to screen. A bit 'stagey' at times, but the performances and dialogue are penetrating and memorable.

23. ORAS's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

24. zdravk3's rating of the film Tape (La cinta)

One of the first smarty pants, artsy films I saw as a young teenager and thought that it was incredibly awesome! (the whole film is in only one room, WOW!)