Valoraciones & Críticas

1. Dalibor's rating of the film Texasville

Barren landscape with barren characters wandering about like a set of waxed mannequins hysterically trying to prove "Last Picture Show" had a point. Its prequel also had a prolific and spontaneous bunch clashing conventions rather than trying-to-be-stereotypes clashing characters. Plus that 12 million of debt, 'cause you know that always happens...

2. josé neves's rating of the film Texasville

35mm, rewatched. "it's no use worrying about Time/ but we did have a few tricks up our sleeves/ and turned some sharp corners" (Frank O' Hara) It's so sad Timothy Bottoms aging, from a crystalline beauty to this alienated entrainment - although it's in him that the ruins of time find its visions. The magnificence of Bogdanovich's dialogues, relapses of an almost screwball...

3. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film Texasville

Such a non movie. I know the Last Picture Show didn't have a plot, but at least it builds; this doesn't. It's too episodic and erratic to really get invested into anything. There's a mood of confusion and monotony in this movie, largely due to Dwayne's character, but it doesn't make for a good movie. I did find it interesting that in LPS, it was mainly Sonny's movie and this was Dwayne's movie.

4. Jake Mulligan's rating of the film Texasville

I'd love a source for the director's cut, it was released on laserdisc and never again... is it floating around ANYWHERE? I'd gladly pay for a source.

5. Michael Voegtlin's rating of the film Texasville

On revisiting Texasville I found it funny, subtle and commanding in equal ways, full of startling and precise emotional touches. Bogdanovich's occasional tendency for farce gets the upper hand only in a few shots. It aged wonderfully.

6. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Texasville

Quite possibly the most underrated movie of the 1990s. A wonderful follow-up to THE LAST PICTURE SHOW. Who knows what people expected, but Bogdanovich offers up a very welcome update on the lives of that film's characters. Jeff Bridges, Cybill Shepherd, Timothy Bottoms and Annie Potts are excellent.