Valoraciones & Críticas

1. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film El consejero

Cormac McCarthy is my favorite writer. And the screenplay here breeds and wheezes (almost) with the same aura his literary works do, with the lofty feeling of a long forgotten, apathetic god returning to gaze at the mess he has left behind. I just think that Ridley Scott's direction doesn't really mesure up to its underlying text, feeling somewhat hollow in its slickness, akin to a TV comercial.

2. Semaj Productions's rating of the film El consejero

I've come to expect shit from Ridley Scott speaking that at this point he hadn't made a good film since Thelma And Louise, but I didn't expect Cormac McCarthy, our greatest living novelist, to produce such a vapid, bloated, pointless screenplay.

3. Laura G.'s rating of the film El consejero

Don't get it sorry. Just because you put a bunch of famous people together doesn't make it a good film.

4. TheoElefthe's rating of the film El consejero

Praising barbarism or latent fascism? R.Scott used to make interesting movies.

5. Francisco R.'s rating of the film El consejero

The director's cut unfolds with clinical precision into a highly moral cautionary tale about the drug underworld, that defies expectations yet somehow everything seems to fall into place. The film is at once surprising and predictable, horryifing and then utterly gratifying, just like watching the leopards chasing their prey.

6. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film El consejero

This is nonsense. I’ve spent the night thinking about it, and I’m not gonna budge. I love when Cameron Diaz fucks a car.

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film El consejero

I am an apologist for this film, which was always destined to be over hyped given the talent involved. The script is admittedly weak overall, but there are some unforgettable sequences, especially the one involving Cameron Díaz and a car windscreen.... Thst one will stay with me forever.

8. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film El consejero

Definitely way better than on my first viewing. The extended version really helps to improve, clarify and justify what Scott and McCarthy were trying to accomplish. I see the whole thing as a satirical farce. A joke buried deep down inside the thriller genre and a morality tale filled with philosophical talks. Everything is absurdly over the top. Just look at Javier Bardem's crazy hair. A wild and misunderstood gem.

9. Balthaz21's rating of the film El consejero

10. brunomundel's rating of the film El consejero

A controversial film by Ridley Scott. I enjoyed.

11. Aditya Watts's rating of the film El consejero

12. Enrico MF's rating of the film El consejero

You can make no distinction between what he is and what he does.

13. elenagallen's rating of the film El consejero

A star for the car fuck scene.

14. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film El consejero

Un super casting où Cameron DIAZ, Penelope CRUZ, Brad PITT & Javier BARDEM distancient -de loin- Michael FASSBENDER. Mais où est la profondeur de Cormack MC CARTHY sous le vernis de cette production hollywoodienne? ... A great cast, where Cameron Diaz, Penelope Cruz, Brad Pitt and Javier BARDEM distance by far Michael FASSBENDER. But where is the depth of Cormack MCCARTHY under the gloss of this Hollywood production?

15. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film El consejero

16. Will Carnes's rating of the film El consejero

The Cormac McCarthy script is cringe-worthy: all that flat "philosophical" dialogue! Still, Cameron Diaz having sex with a car is easily one of the weirdest scenes ever. So... props for that?

17. film_lies101's rating of the film El consejero

Enjoyable in a trashy sort of way

18. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film El consejero

Disappointment. For me Ridley Scott messes it up. He got a great cast in hand. He got an interesting story in hand. He got a fine writer in hand. But the movie didn't feel as exciting as it could be & supposed to be. Boring. Ridley Scott definitely wasted an incredible amount of potential.

19. Catana Bogdan Ioan's rating of the film El consejero

20. opandadodavid's rating of the film El consejero

21. Absentia's rating of the film El consejero

22. Horia Constantinescu's rating of the film El consejero

23. J. O.'s rating of the film El consejero

Moments ranging from brilliant to atrocious, this was a bit of a misfire for me. As badly as I wanted to love it, it just couldn't set its hook in me. The dialogue was clever and sharp as a bolito, on paper. On camera, it seemed a little dry and mishandled. Diaz gives the worst performance, while all other players are pretty charming most of the time. The thrills were thrilling, but perhaps a little too few.

24. HKFanatic's rating of the film El consejero

Cormac McCarthy's particular brand of grim fatalism and outmoded misogyny makes for strange bedfellows with director Ridley Scott's glossy, music video-style aesthetic. And yet the slick visuals go a long way in making the disjointed narrative more palpable. The biggest issue may be that, for a film full of colorful supporting characters, the 'counselor' at the center of it all is the least compelling figure here.

← Previous 1 3 4 5