Para uma melhor experiência no MUBI, atualize seu navegador.

Valoraciones & Críticas

1. yen's rating of the film Tony Takitani

this film is tragically comical

2. lazycalm's rating of the film Tony Takitani

When you lose that "100% perfect girl" you don't know how to live anymore. But of course such adverse notion can be beautiful if it accompanied by the right soundtrack.

3. Percy's rating of the film Tony Takitani

The camera here, like nascar racing, only able to move in one direction and i ended up praying we'd be allowed to look the other way. Still, many excellent qualities - if a little precious - but i'd love to see more Ichikawa films available here.

4. spinninglovestory's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Strangely soothing. I love the voice-over, the inner monologues, the minimalism, everything. It's really just great. It gave me a weird inner peace.

5. Pál's rating of the film Tony Takitani

I liked how this movie concentrated on just one thing, the life story of its protagonist. The camera constantly sweeping until getting married doesn't let the storytelling stop at some other less important point. It deftly uses the gardrobe as a symbol of intimacy, I've found it to be a marvellous scene when a stranger is led to this secret place.

6. novanindro's rating of the film Tony Takitani

7. madebydanlam's rating of the film Tony Takitani

By far the best adaptation of a short story into a feature film. Captures every bit of imagination and description of the original source material. If only Jun Ichikawa could adapt all of Haruki Murakami's works.

8. rado's rating of the film Tony Takitani

playful, careful and considerate meeting of literature and cinema.exquisite framing, underlined by a constant slow pan. nary a trace of colour. gentle minimalistic piano by sakamoto-sensei. in "tony takitani", it feels like the outside world is but a whisper from far away

9. Mon's rating of the film Tony Takitani

The score is perfect

10. sea-of-ether's rating of the film Tony Takitani

I recommend reading the short story first. I love the minimalism of the visuals, sounds and story.

11. tiagovitoria's rating of the film Tony Takitani

A very interesting essay about the different approaches we can do when filming. Tony Takitani is a compound between classic japanese cinema (front shots, camera at floor level...) and a new way of storytelling through a narrator who's responsible not to let the spectator lose the attention. The beginning background is one of the most beautiful sequences I've ever seen.

12. usaextrafancy's rating of the film Tony Takitani

I love the beautiful and consistent visual language of this film. Nice adaptation.

13. aechjay's rating of the film Tony Takitani

An amazing film. Minimal, chic and beautiful.

14. Tisa's rating of the film Tony Takitani

I might be biased (because I love Murakami), but this is one good adaptation. We have so few good movie versions, that this film couldn't help but stand out.

15. Frej Hedenberg's rating of the film Tony Takitani

This beautiful, unassuming film was my introduction to Murakami, and only a few of the books have had the same impact on me. A gem in it's simplicity.

16. _sans.soleil_'s rating of the film Tony Takitani

Beautifully shot. Ichikawa give us a delicate and melancholy view of l o n e l i n e s s, loss and memories and how we grasp to material things as a desperate way to confront modern life's emptiness

17. Jeffrey James's rating of the film Tony Takitani

18. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Tony Takitani

jun ichikawa has made a beautifully constructed film with tony takitani. and he did all that without losing the feel of a haruki murakami writing. the narration, the minimalism, and the style are both ichikawa's and murakami's. tony takitani is, in the most proper sense possible, a collaboration. and what about that perfect chemistry between issei ogata and rie miyazawa? goddamn.

19. Yuri La's rating of the film Tony Takitani

Portraits of loneliness narrated by slideshow editing, a "user-friendly" exercise here reducing literally sequences in snapshots, highlighted by camera turning-page movement, off-field absence and image levels crush, music and narrator voice always "on" events. The story itself was to me lacking thickness, based on the interesting main theme (different value to objects). Reasonable for half an h., didn't "feel" it.

20. vordven's rating of the film Tony Takitani

21. Zachary Curl's rating of the film Tony Takitani

i think everything about this film adds up to something really wonderful. it's light, at less that 80 minutes, but it fits everything it needs into that short amount of time.

22. MichaelBarry's rating of the film Tony Takitani

23. しーちゃん's rating of the film Tony Takitani

i loved the short story so much, and i wish i could have loved this film. the nuances are what seemed to define the written story, and i feel like this is were the movie fell short.

24. rdela's rating of the film Tony Takitani

It struck me the first time I saw this that Ichikawa, working with Hirokawa and Sanjo, had devised a really superb use of bookended tracking shots to simulate reading and turning pages. Also it's the first Murakami adaptation as far as I know. Here's to Hiraku Makimura.