1. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film 8½

i loved the flight attendant announcing under a spotlight, being sick from too much water, holding all his women within

2. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film 8½

2½ stars. It looks great, it sounds great, Mastroianni is great, and Fellini moves his camera with virtuosity. But oh how indulgently it chuckles at entitled male self-regard while endorsing it to the hilt. The life-as-a-circus theme isn't given any depth, it's just a sentimental ploy to disguise egotistical special pleading. The gulf between the film's vaunted reputation and its actual achievement is massive.

3. tikicreative's rating of the film 8½

Self indulgent yes! But from the mind of great creative at the top of their game.

4. Inteleter's rating of the film 8½

Absolutely brilliant. Mastroianni is fantastic and the film as a whole is fantastically directed and beautiful to look at. Story was also good. Overall am glad to have seen this classic.

5. Benji's rating of the film 8½

6. ged's rating of the film 8½

visually beguiling but at the same time suffocating with the projection of responsibility, duty & expectation

7. raggiodisole's rating of the film 8½

One of those films that just gets better with every viewing. Greatest film about film.

8. G.F Pounder's rating of the film 8½

Worth a viewing just for the lighting.

9. Henry Watts's rating of the film 8½

10. McOpinionated's rating of the film 8½

Spectacular. Six years since the last time I watched it. Fresh, startling, funny and annoying. Should be remade by every nation, and every generation, trying to be faithful and not ironic. The failed and context-bound translations would be hilarious, inventive and fascinating in the same way as the original, without its originality. So, so Italian. So, so 1960s.

11. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film 8½

Another classic that it took me far too long to get around to, this Federico Fellini film is just a beautiful, almost perfect, mix of heightened reality and blurred dreams as a director (Marcello Mastroianni) retreats into his own memories and thoughts while being besieged by people around him who demand to know more about the latest film that he's working on.

12. DebraM's rating of the film 8½

This is a joy of a film, a delight that will stay with you long after it's finished. Incredibly sad, wryly funny and often surreal, this is one of the best films ever about film making.

13. Alex Shuster's rating of the film 8½

Thoughts displayed like they were real and present. Fellini brings to life a struggled director whose imagination decides his actions.

14. angeldromero's rating of the film 8½

Masterpiece. Nothing else to add.

15. Krish sanghvi's rating of the film 8½

Memories, like dreams and fantasies, are often filled with things whose meaning we may not understand but are fundamental to our existence and often act as a recurring element. This film is also a satire on how films chase a story or issue instead of a more personal, fundamental essence. I like the self references made to the direction of the film in the film, how playful it is, and how flights of fancy become real.

16. Richmond Hill's rating of the film 8½

Organised chaos: such is (not) making a film apparently but such is life and dreams. An extraordinary synthesis that is the whole from it’s parts; a rag bag in probably anyone else’s hands, but here a beautiful and seductive unity of procrastination, avoidance, and mess. One of those films that rewards repeated viewings: each time a new insight revealed and reminder of life affirmed.

17. Prithwi's rating of the film 8½

This is the best Fellini work for me which i consider even more important than his Nights of Cabiria and La Strada.

18. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film 8½

Masterpiece. This film sucks you into the subconscious of a man torn between his past, present and the heavy weight of expectations - and there is also a beautiful love story. It feels so human, yet so full of imagination with absolutely startling cinematography. To make it even more interesting, this is also a film about the making of itself. I have never seen anything like this.

19. Malcom Tateau's rating of the film 8½

One of the best movies ever made, a love song dedicated to cinema, and to the extraordinarity of small things.

20. Vero's rating of the film 8½

21. MisterColo93's rating of the film 8½

22. Sara_C's rating of the film 8½

visually a nice film. not too fond of the main character...loved Barbara Steele's character though.

23. jewelsofglory's rating of the film 8½

Incredible film. I regret that I looked past it a couple of years ago and now I can really appreciate its colossal beauty, cynicism and sincerity. Certainly an inspirational film for me as a potential filmmaker.

24. ginobartolomi's rating of the film 8½

a love letter to love itself, the original film about film. it's life and death and everything in between - a work of genius that has been imitated but never matched.