1. Dogville59's rating of the film 8½

I was going to give it 4 out of 5 but the ending was amazing the feelings it evoked in me so profound. I believe it was a summation of the dreams of the child Federico realized through his life as a film director but enacted from the eyes of his child self. If 8 1/2 is an autobiographical account of a life as a great director then the ending is so profound a personal summation that 5 out of 5 is indisputable.

2. paddelboot's rating of the film 8½

If I could make love to a film, it would be this one.

3. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film 8½

4. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film 8½

5. dordai_robert's rating of the film 8½

6. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film 8½

oh, so that's how movies get made

7. kinotopia's rating of the film 8½

Fellini the hyperactive, bombastic misogynist.

8. Sara Lovering's rating of the film 8½

psychoanalytic masterpiece!!!!!!

9. Cinemabust's rating of the film 8½

10. emanuela's rating of the film 8½

Claudia is the centre of the mistery. She unmasks him at the end with few words ''perchè non sa voler bene''. A masterpiece.

11. MistaRichard's rating of the film 8½

«I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest film. No lies whatsoever. I thought I had something so simple to say. Something useful to everybody. A film that could help bury forever all those dead things we carry within ourselves. Instead, I'm the one without the courage to bury anything at all. When did I go wrong? I really have nothing to say, but I want to say it all the same.»

12. Freakyfilm's rating of the film 8½

A film about what is being a misunderstood brilliant artist

13. Peter P. Peters's rating of the film 8½

the american version is a disgrace to cinema, the original is pure cinema

14. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film 8½

3-4. For the first half of the film, I thought the story was just a cast of characters and ideas swirling around in a vacuum, abjectly intriguing, but static and lacking a contextual framework. Then Guido is challenged by the cardinal, his wife enters the picture, and suddenly the film seems to catch fire. Suddenly the movie bears down with interesting questions, revealing the meat of the story as it moves forward.

15. Marina C.'s rating of the film 8½

In this misogynistic fantasy, we need to listen to the women, in particular Luisa - so different from herself in Guido's Salomonic dreams. But in the end, I didn't get the feeling that he had finally understood the importance of Truth. Perhaps he will continue attempting to teach lies through his fantasies. After all, he's not the artist telling lies to tell the truth. Instead, he's saving himself from it.

16. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film 8½

3.5 stars. This is a very entertaining movie that I don't quite love. It is visually dazzling and funny and unique and, of course, self-reverential. Guido is the genius who gives meaning to everyone else. No wonder directors love this film.

17. FISCHER's rating of the film 8½

Huitième film et demi (un court métrage) du grand réalisateur italien qui est une date dans l'histoire du Septième Art et a fortiori le chef-d'oeuvre du cinéaste. Sur le thème de l'art, de la création, de ses difficultés et de son impuissance, des sources de l'inspiration, du doute artistique, un film inoubliable et mythique... www.cinefiches.com

18. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film 8½

Like magic. As if directed by a Roman God projecting all of his power and humanity into one black and white celluloid masterpiece. Fotonica.

19. Rita Moreira's rating of the film 8½

Now I know why Marshall's "nine" looks like a child's play.

20. Riccardo's rating of the film 8½

Perché, anche a te t'entusiasmano le storie dove non succede niente? Nel mio film invece succede di tutto, guarda un po'! Ci metto dentro tutto!

21. Bertrand Queysan's rating of the film 8½

The cares of the modern man. Simply brilliant.

22. mcan543's rating of the film 8½

Perfect scenario, nice dialogues, flawless scenes, and camera jobs, Just perfection.

23. Wee Hunk's rating of the film 8½

Marcello is one of the best actors in the world. Put him together with Fellini at his prime, and fireworks go off. This is a film to study and learn from.

24. Pymo's rating of the film 8½

A movie director's fever dream.