1. lou.'s rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Quoting Chris Marker's «La jetée»? I already love you. Even though I'm not a sci-fi enthusiast, I die for very few exceptions. This is one of those: Gilliam dived me deep down into the brilliant narration, keeping my attention always hight all through temporal distortions, capable of engaging and challenging me up to the end. One of Brad Pitt's best performances.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Bruce does Bruce. He always does Bruce. It was however Mr. Pitt who turned in a surprising performance. The problem with time-travel is that people always think you're crazy.

3. NCMBianchi's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Hadn't seen this in like a million years, watched it again and appreciated it more than I use to.

5. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

6. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

I would have rather watch 12 actual monkeys playing in a zoo for the same amount of time this movie lasts.

7. Erik F.'s rating of the film 12 Monkeys

ME: Watch "La Jetée" instead. YOU: But Erik, I've already seen that! ME: Watch it again. Instead.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Scénario solide, mise en scène efficace et rythmée et un excellent trio d'interprètes. www.cinefiches.com

9. Riccardo's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

"It's just like what's happening with us. Like the past, the movie never changes - It can't change - but every time you see it, it seems different because you're different. You see different things."

10. bartkl's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Unexpectedly more mystery than sci-fi, focusing mostly on the mystery behind the virus outbreak rather than on its effects and character. This is neatly supported by the freaky style: a drooling B. Willis, steam-punky setting, weird zooms and oblique shots, this way creating a suppressive, bizarre atmosphere much like BRAZIL does. A very impressive script, of which I regard the climax surprisingly pleasing.

11. CanonFiller's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Accordions, frosty post-apocalyptic world, lunatic asylum, greek mythology references, dirty cells - Terry Gilliam balances weird with gloomy, putting up a recipe for a perfect time travel movie. A slow but intense burner. The moody, bleak and desolated atmosphere created with the help of a spot-on soundtrack is utterly immersive. Gilliam's finest hour.

12. uenus's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

13. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Uno dei migliori viaggi spazio-temporali di sempre, a mani basse. Scritto in modo eccellente e girato con la solita classe che caratterizza il buon Gilliam, peccato solo per la voragine recitativa che separa Bruce Willis, che si conferma più utile come manichino che come attore, da Brad Pitt, che ancora una volta dimostra a tutti di essere molto più di un bel figo da red carpet.

14. Dalibor's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

A fine example of 90's thriller, with Gilliam's signature soft-steampunk stylization and a strong cast of contemporary stars. Aside from time-traveling voyage none of the digressions fail to excite, further refining the story, but keeping the whole an action packed adventure.

15. Ana Sousa's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Pitt's best role. It's not enough though.

16. Per.'s rating of the film 12 Monkeys

17. roseros's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Love me some 90s Bruce Willis.

18. ceknklsn's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

19. Ethan's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

One of the best science fiction films to come out of the 90s. This is one of the better time travel films too. Inspired by Chris Marker's La Jetee, Terry Gilliam delivers a really great film that keeps you on the edge of your seat until the very end.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

The most Hollywood Gilliam I've seen. And I like toned down Gilliam.

21. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

A little bit of La Jetée influence and a post apocalyptic vibe, I liked it but it could have been so much better.

22. RoRoRoro's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

23. Calu.'s rating of the film 12 Monkeys

I can't help but thinking about Brad Pitt's character. His acting was really awesome! I love his craziness. Also, the story was nice. Mind-blowing indeed.

24. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film 12 Monkeys

Did you ever noticed that Brad Pitt's performances are very good only when he plays an insane person.

← Previous 1 3 4