1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

2. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

3. Grzegorz Wełna's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

Porumboiu's vision about the history, about the past is really refined, he grab the essence of the present in '05 and throw it back to '89.

4. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

5. Dries's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

6. msmichel's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

First feature by director Corneliu Porumboiu was a sublime black comedy about convenient memory, self grandeur and comeuppance. A wonderful script by the director that is succinct and exacting. Performances are low key but very effective. An early entry in the re-emergence of Romanian cinema and a calling card for a new auteur.

7. Kornovska's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

Histoire d'hommes un peu trop saoulons, machos et égocentriques, s'étant pris autrefois pour des révolutionnaires. L'histoire se déroule en Roumanie, une ex-république soviétique. Très drôle.

8. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

9. Hockley Cinema's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

As my Hockley (better) half pointed out, 'tis a pity they did not translate the title from Romanian verbatim. Nonetheless, enough wry wit and ridiculum here to choke a 'pisica vagabonda'. All of the improvised silence and pregnant pauses used to tremendous effect by the writers, directors, and caustic cast.

10. Jason's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

Porumboiu found here an extremely deft way to make an impossibly grand statement without getting the least bit heavy about it. Not heavy until the end. This thing is dry-ass funny wisdom until the culminating karate chop to the throats of its three stooges. And us. We are made to choke on our laughter. All laughter, since forever: to laugh from inside the nightmare of history because no nightmare is all nightmare.

11. shimown's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

A beautiful poignant comedy.

12. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

This is a positive two stars! An uneven but heartfelt 'comedy' about the political phenomenon of memory. It's split approximately in half; the first I liked a lot, and the second I found frequently interesting. Then, a really really beautiful coda that just left me feeling contemplative. I enjoyed this one! Regret not watching it right near Christmas tho :/ Perhaps next year...

13. David R Williams's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

Just not in the mood I guess. Slow and plodding.

14. laurax's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

3 and 1/2 stars Very funny!

15. Drew Weaver's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

It's snowing big white flakes, enjoy it now, tomorrow it will be mud. Whether or not this small Romanian town was active in the revolution seems depressingly irrelevant. All we get is forced narrative or anticlimactic truth. A funny and sardonic film.

16. ihor's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

Did the revolution truly bring positive change? Often it appears revolutions do not, and Porumboiu questions this in a drab post-communist environment full of decaying infrastructure and individuals. Even further he asks was there even a revolution? Was there anyone really brave enough to even challenge the old regime? With whimsical dark humor Porumboiu questions even this as the blurriness of history is asserted.

17. Myles's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

This was surprisingly cute and intelligent in the way that Eastern European films usually are. Points for the soundtrack and the amusingly uncomfortable interactions among panelists.

18. mpho3's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

Richly deadpan and droll meditation on the very distinctive Eastern European modus of collective memory and cultural identity. I enjoyed the interactions of the main characters; throughout, the lead actors hit just the right note. NIce editing. A key entry in the Romanian New Wave canon.

19. Loz Loory's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

A beautiful, brutally ironic film. Despite the revolution, some people still choose to interrogate and persecute others as though sitting on the old tribunals. Loved the beginning, when we see the position of women has not advanced. Graceful, honest remembrance at the end by the older fellow is perfect counterpart to all the inane political posturing that comes before.

20. Ben Loory's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

21. olga wagner's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

22. Ben Cannon's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

There is much to appreciate about Corneliu Porumboiu's direction of this winningly naturalistic farce, from the Tarkovskian follow-shot of a Christmas tree-laden car, to the amateurish camera work which takes over the latter half of the film. The film is a sly takedown of the insular, self-important worldview of life in a small town.

23. silvia ana cabieses's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

24. Andrew Miller's rating of the film 12:08 East of Bucharest

I love everything I've seen by this director, but 12:08 is my favorite so far. Can't wait for The Treasure!