1. J. O.'s rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

Both sprawling and fragmented. Sweeping and concentrated. An epic historical film about a determined adventurer that plays out more cerebrally and poetically than expected. Hope playing against nihilism, order and structure playing against anarchy and violence. It is psychological, and has more in common with Aguirre: The Wrath Of God than one might think (though considerably larger in scale). Underrated.

2. grotescsetorg's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

3. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

Painting Columbus as a great guy and reinforcing old misconceptions. Well done. This is so wrong. Still, the film is a marvel to experience even though you know everything is inaccurate. Come on y'all stupid, the earth is flat.

4. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

Finally saw this and it is criminally underrated especially cinematography and the casting. Would have loved to see it on the big screen.

5. John H. Nomedal's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

I had a good time watching it.I was all alone having the whole livingroom and the sofa for myself on a Sunday.Then I went on a voyage with Columbus discovering a thing or two about Ridley Scott along the way and America eventually.The story had nice pace,cool look and the music(Vangelis)was absolutely divine.It isnt perfect;The Columbus tale is bigger than two hours,but Scott uses his time telling whats expected.

6. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

1992, dir. RIDLEY SCOTT - 6,2/10 (France)

7. Øyvind Rype's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

The soundtrack has been a favorite for many years but I haven't seen the movie until now. Doesn't really do justice to Vangelis but it's not as bad as they say.

8. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

and it s the best soudntrack of the cinema. Period.

9. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

10. jonny2's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

I just Love this movie and all tracks. Specially Title track

11. Muffinhead1985's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

12. Tigrão's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

Only a master of modern epics like Scott could have tackled this immense story and still manage to make it look intimate. Gorgeous cinematography and incredible operatic soundtrack by Vangelis.

13. Lucky Luciano's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

I saw it as a kid and don't remember it that well but it deserves at least 3 stars just for the brilliant soundtrack by Vangelis.

14. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

What starts as a handsome epic with a small debt to Ken Russell, in its last act becomes something riskier, something anarchic and beautiful. With its expressionist palette, colonialist criticism and electronic score (and critical dismissal), 1492 is very much the Sorcerer of its era, achieving a hypnotic chaos; a glimpse of the 'new world' as only Scott could have made it. Artistry from artifice.

15. roberto2112's rating of the film 1492: Conquest of Paradise

I remember visually it was very stunning, and the music is brilliant, the whole movie is very good, but the ending doesn't live up to the rest of the film