1. joao.crepschi's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Primórdios do eletrônico. Um recado aos contemporâneos...

2. Isaac's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Este é um excelentíssimo documentário. Cenas de entrevistas com o Eugeniusz Rudnik onde ele discute os conceitos de sua obra, cenas onde ele está trabalhando (e por vezes tendo dificuldades) e, o mais importante, cenas ficcionais e filmagens que ressaltam todo o conceito que ele propõe acerca da tridimensionalidade do som, seu desejo de fazer algo de outro mundo e de humanizar o som eletrônico. Perfeito.

3. laura's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

mesmerizing. more like a visual poem than a documentary.

4. ejonline's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

It is awkward to review a film that is about an artist's (or person's) life's work and not make it seem like a judgement about that work or the person. So, with that caveat, this was interesting but ultimately a bit underwhelming. Some of the visuals were striking, but I was expecting a bit more from them. I was expecting something closer to synthesia. However, the unexpected ending was very intimate and quite moving

5. aurkihnowe's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

simply put, what all art should aspire to is to take the experiencer out of his/her skin, into a differently felt realm of being, and this lovely little film does this (almost) perfectly, through a blend of documentary footage and sound/image play reminiscent but distinct from it's genre (the Qatsi trilogy, Baraka, et al.) this movie helped me with ideas for my (late blooming, but budding) collage work...thanks MUBI!

6. PJ's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Works well with headphones

7. David R Williams's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Watching the creation of electronic music has always fascinated me.

8. Ralph Melcher's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Excellent...Impressionistic...Pixilated!...Listen...Have Fun...Listen...

9. Richard's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

10. Sal Gal's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

11. ronny's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

five stars for introducing me to his unique genius; three stars for art school interpretations of his music.

12. JoAnne Voightlander's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Early electronic music has fascinated me for years, but after seeing this, I feel I have finally made progress in *understanding* what those sound sculptures meant, and what their creators sought to express and accomplish.

13. siobhantebbs's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Absolutely stunning audiovisual experience. The marrying of sound and sight blew my mind. The questions that Zuzanna asks are incisive and bring out the best of the pioneer's knowledge and perceptions.

14. LibertyCapz's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

There are a few parts of this that consist solely of combinations of mesmerizing sound and imagery. Those were the more interesting parts, did't really get into the other stuff.

15. Slappy McGee's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

This was really, REALLY good. A complete surprise to me. Had no idea I would respond so well to it. I have ZERO INTEREST in electronic music of any kind... but I dug this film! It was also filmed AMAZINGLY WELL. The images were as hauntingly beautiful as the sounds created by Eugeniusz Rudnik. Some vertical shots that just blew my mind. SO HYPNOTIC. Great stuff. This was a great discovery for me.

16. strummermax's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

I watched the whole film; you probably shouldn’t. I appreciate the opportunity to learn a bit (a very tiny bit) about a lesser known “composer” of sounds (I can’t really call this music) but I think the visual elements are mostly distracting and often silly. This type of sound art is so abstract that it will only appeal to a tiny fraction of people; no amount of fuzzy nature scenes and modern dance will change that.

17. David Richards's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Interesting music and it was nice to see some of the processes that go into the making of his work. I like the fact that he continues to prefer using magnetic tapes in this digital world. I had mixed feelings about the imagery. Some of it paired nicely with Rudnik's music, some was a bit corny, in particular the "modern dance" bits.

18. NIL1's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Full of substance, beautiful sounds and images. lovely

19. darioscha's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Documental que indaga el trabajo de Eugeniuz sobre la electrónica análoga y su visión de la voz humana a la vez que experimenta con sus sonidos. Interesante manejo de juegos de cámara con la ciudad (visualizaciones del sonido en edificios, cables), juegos de pantallas, texturas, y traducciones de sus ideas en metáforas visuales, etc.

20. Comadozer's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

+.5 Visually assembled for audiophile eyes.

21. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Dreamy. Interesting sounds always bring up an image in my head. I like how it ends with the antiquated analog malfunctioning, a parallel to his own life.

22. Renton47's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Thankfully experimental doco for an experimental figure, this falls somewhere between interpretative music video and studio fetishism. At some point I wish it had committed to one or the other as I left the film without even knowing said figure's name. Yet, the visual synchronicity is sporadically sublime, especially for one invested in electronic/ambient. If nothing else it has made me look for Rudnik's music.

23. Lorena Saucedo's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World

Just like you can play a musical sheet, "You can play a building" says Rudnik, the artist this sui generis documentary centers on. Solakiewicz provides us with the images Rudnik's music makes her see. And they're beautiful. She goes beyond the language of documentaries and sort of replicates Rudnik's language, rendering both a beautiful experience and a homage.

24. _cmb's rating of the film 15 Corners of the World