1. Santiago Roditti's rating of the film 1984

2. opandadodavid's rating of the film 1984

"On January 24th Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And you'll see why 1984 won't be like 1984"

3. James Mackin's rating of the film 1984

As far as commercials go, this is a pretty good one.

4. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film 1984

"On January 24th, Apple Computer will introduce Macintosh. And You'll see why 1984 won't be like "1984."" - Maybe 1984 wasn't like "1984" but it wasn't thanks to Macintosh.

5. Rob M's rating of the film 1984

6. raficue's rating of the film 1984

7. Nunox's rating of the film 1984

8. dpvazquez's rating of the film 1984

Is this one of the thirty movies we get to watch? Really?

9. stefan's rating of the film 1984

Actually no star..thought it would be the FILM not a stupid ad..come on!!!

10. Michael's rating of the film 1984

Diese Werbung ist zwar spannend gemacht, aber vollkommen deplatziert. Ich zahl gern was für MUBI um KEINE Werbung zu sehen. Vor allem keine von einem Unternehmen, das Mitarbeiter in Fabriken ausbeuten lässt und selbst nicht mehr weiß wohin mit den Gewinnen.

11. Buddy Love's rating of the film 1984

12. Davide's rating of the film 1984

Passando oltre quello che la Apple rappresenta oggi, questo è forse uno degli spot più importanti nella storia della comunicazione/marketing.

13. Witek Lewis's rating of the film 1984

✺ I NEVER liked this ad ✺ This is Scott's follow-up to Blade Runner ✺ This is considered to be a "watershed moment" in advertising by people who are wrong about things ✺ I did like the huge crowd shots ✺

14. Morgan Sidky's rating of the film 1984

This makes literally no sense.

15. db's rating of the film 1984

An epochal specimen of ironically prescient propaganda. Ten, twenty years down the line, does the tribal vibe of an annual MacWorld differ so much from the event depicted here, I wonder.

16. mpho3's rating of the film 1984

Carbon dating myself with this comment, but I still remember how stunned and riveted I was when this commercial first aired.

17. Kasper Hviid's rating of the film 1984

Today, Ironically, technological development has resulted in a surveillance state which is far more extreme than Orwell's dystopia. "Even the Catholic Church of the Middle Ages was tolerant by modern standards. Part of the reason for this was that in the past no government had the power to keep its citizens under constant surveillance." George Orwell — 1984

18. Blake Balderree's rating of the film 1984

19. Lookout Smithers's rating of the film 1984

Like all ads, I never get how they work in selling things. I accept that I 'll likely be ripped off at least some percentage of what I pay long before walking into the shop. And I probably just don't get the ads...........

20. pmonaghan3's rating of the film 1984

Pity it contains a word-usage error.

21. Adam's rating of the film 1984

22. Luís F. Silva Soares's rating of the film 1984

This movie does not understands 1984. The character in the screen talking to the audience is the resistence's lider, in the novel by Orwel. He is not Big Brother. The session was called the "hour of hate". During the "hour of hate" individuals would ear the resistance's lider speach and then explode in insults against him. The Lennie Riefenstahl character kills the hope for resistance.

23. Adriana Cammisuli's rating of the film 1984

I can`t watched this film free, why?

24. Alessandro Tinchini's rating of the film 1984

One of my favorite commercials ever.