1. Aaken's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

I saw the film when I was about five years old. My uncle went with me, my parents declared I was old enough for it. I haven't seen it again since, but I remember having been eerily haunted by James Mason's Captain Nemo, terrified by the giant octopus, how a turtle was turned into a guitar, and Kirk Douglas' song... A strong feeling of loneliness and powerlessness that reflected how I felt in real life. I was 5...

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

3. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

7.0/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-31F

4. luís debonoir's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

5. FISCHER's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Un classique des films d'aventures ! www.cinefiches.com

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Outstanding depiction of the novel. I am by no means a massive Disney fan, but it's hard not to love the excellent special effects for their time, the great ensemble cast including Mason, Douglas, and Lorre. Peter is quite plump in this one. The Hollywood good life was treating him well it seems. This is perhaps the best Disney live action film I have seen.

7. AKFilmFan's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

David Fincher may or may not make his adaptation, but it'll be hard to beat this classic live-action Disney film. Balancing the dark & the adventurous, the film has great performances but is anchored by James Mason. He portrays the sympathetic pain & madness of Nemo just right. For a film that has a song, Douglas, Lorre, & a cute sea lion, it can't shake the flaw of the book: An episodic pace that rises & falls.

8. doublelife91's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Fun movie with cool models and underwater photography.

9. Brontossauros's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

The steampunk scenario concept made for Nautilus is pretty impressive, also Mason's Nemo is very tight, keeping him complex and interesting as he should ever be.

10. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Kirk Douglas is spectacular in this.