1. FISCHER's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Faisant suite à "2001 : l'Odyssée de l'Espace", ce nouveau film, tiré d'un roman du même auteur, ne cherche pas à rivaliser avec la précédente oeuvre de Stanley Kubrick, mais tente de répondre à certaines questions posées dans "2001". La plasticité sommaire des décors et les dialogues fastidieux déçoivent... www.cinefiches.com

2. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

3. matelot's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

4. Kornovska's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Un bon film de science fiction. Sans plus, mais méritant d'être vu, notamment parce que c'est la suite d'un des plus grands chef d'oeuvres du cinéma (mais il ne faut pas s'attendre au même niveau). Il faut regarder ce film et le comparer aux autres films qui sortaient à ce moment-là, pas seulement à 2001 (et si on fait cela, on constate que ça reste un très bon film).

5. Aardsy's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

We needed a HAL redemption arc.

6. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

The exact opposite of its predecessor in method and effect. Where Kubrick was mysterious, cerebral, graceful and evocative, Hyams is verbose, sentimental, clunky and simplistic. Even the use of 'Thus Spoke Zarathustra' feels awkward instead of revelatory. All the wondrous cosmic enigma that made the '68 outing a cinematic milestone is reduced to a now outdated pacifist message against the Cold War. What a shame.

7. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

The interesting stuff is, sadly, burrowed beneath sentimental plot devices.

8. anarresti's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Just a shadow of the first movie. And curiosity makes us want to see it. But it's almost better, for those that still did not see it, to remain in oblivion.

9. Steve Heller's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

While it has its moments 2010 is flawed starting with the book. Just imagine what the sky would look like to astronomers and telescopes with Jupiter glowing bright as a small star in the night skies. Somehow it just doesn't work well for me. However, I would like to see 2061 made into a decent film...;)

10. DANDDARA's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

I read Orwell's 1984 at the actual date & hour the book starts from. I feel I must watch 2010 before New Year's Eve. This IS the year I'm contacting the world!

11. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

★★★ interesting sci-fi movie. but HAL 9000 still has plenty of reasons to be upset.

12. willythesalesman's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

cold war... bad... peace good... durrrr.r..... the only neat part was the reencountering with hal 9000,the rest was quite uninteresting. If I had forgotten about 2001 or if the film had tried to distinguish itself from 2001 a little more, it might have been better since the comparison was inevitable.

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Once you get over the sacrilege of not only making a sequel to 2001, but making it direct, prosaic, and sentimental, this is an absolutely not-bad sci-fi film that's had the decency to be largely forgotten, so the original can still stand alone.

14. Dav I.D.'s rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Abstract ideas: ruined. Interpretation: ruined. Tone: ruined. What's left: another boring, ultra-linear SFX exhibition. There's a reason Kubrick went out of his way to DESTROY ALL THE MATERIALS from 2001.

15. delbertgrady's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

I enjoyed it, although it would have been better without the irritating voice over and sentimentality.

16. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

My God, it's full of something, but it ain't stars (lol). After the brilliant "Outland", I had expected Hyams to do much better than this weak tripe. Good spfx for the time, but the script and performances are as hokey as a Roy Rogers western. Dumbest moment: Dave Bowman visiting his ex-wife by television image to tell her that "something wonderful" is going to happen. He's wrong. Even HAL is irritating in 2010. **

17. Wortzik's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

"My God! It's full of stars!" (Dave Bowman returns)

18. Sequelcast's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Some suspenseful space sequences and good actors are let down by a cornball hippy message. 2010 is the kind of film worth watching once for curiosity's sake.

19. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

2010 used enough props from 2001 that it seemed to reanimate a corpse, which is always a little interesting.

20. Jenni Adams's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

How do I put this movie on my website. http://www.myfreehoroscope.net

21. Jahad Rahman's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Scariest film I have ever seen...highly recommend!

22. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

Exceeds expectations. While the special effects haven't dated as well as the ones in its predecessor, 2010 is otherwise a pretty damn good sci-fi movie. Really what it boils down to is that 2001 had more of Stanley Kubrick in it than Arthur C. Clarke, whereas 2010 feels more like a straight-up Clarke sci-fi story.

23. Nosada's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

24. Spencer Draper's rating of the film 2010: The Year We Make Contact

It's good and serviceable. This kinda fits the tone of Clarke's novel, and Scheider makes for a good Heywood Floyd. The problem is that the film really didn't need to be made. What if we had had the films of 2061 and 3001? See it as a curio-just not connected to 2001.