1. Raluca Popescu's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

2. Will Linhares's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

3. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

"When it's over, it's over. You have to leave." Like when your cat dies. There's nothing really keeping you there. The relationships have run out of steam. Like Chinua Achebe says, "Things fall apart." The main part I didn't like was being lectured at, whether I agree or not.

5. ammar's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

6. ironbound's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

7. -REM-'s rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

8. Balthaz21's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

9. Renton47's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

I have never considered Denis a straightforward filmmaker, though she does beautifully utilise simplicity. That alters here, where her refinement from abstraction after 'L'intrus' leads to a film where the purpose is a little too literal from scene to scene. That said she made me feel completely a theme I'm often alienated by in film: familial obligation. The space allowed characters is what provides its humanism.

10. bryanvmh's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Don't marry that guy, but also maybe don't live with your dad anymore either?

11. Vladimir Seput's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Wonderful film - characters, music, direction. Strong in its simplicity. I think Ozu would be glad to see it

12. Daniel Walker's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

13. Oh, hi Denny's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

everything she does is great

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Not as rich and rewarding as most of her films, but I still cherish it.

15. Irina Artenii's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

16. Bjanicas's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Ozu goes (beautifully) french.

17. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Claire Denis' loving tribute to Ozu is great- he would have been proud!

18. Stevie's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

A great modern-day tribute to the great Ozu.

19. Tutu888's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Music and cinematography provide a very melancholy mood. But Denis tries to tie too many storylines. In the last half hour the plot works hastily to its conclusion which is a pity for an otherwise excellent film.

20. porcyk's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

The most humane -- and most human -- film from perhaps our greatest living filmmaker.

21. Mtume Gant's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Interesting inspired piece by probably my favorite Ozu film "Late Spring". Doesn't capture all of the nuances of Late Spring but does a very good job flipping it into a new context. A strong Denis work

22. Mogambo's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

I enjoyed the film. But considering the hype for Claire this is basically a kitchen sink drama, no?

23. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

Final score: 7. Storyline: 8, Originality: 7, Cinematography: 7, Involvement: 8, Music: 6, Editing: 8. Educational: 8, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 8, Unusual: 8, Exciting: 7, Superior: 7

24. roserine kenlew's rating of the film 35 Shots of Rum

My first Denis film left me breathless, angry, entranced and ready to watch it again immediately. "They're closing anthropology; they say it isn't important" might capture this quiet largesse which deconstructs the pains of growing apart at such a life-like pace that it's easy to miss.