1. Juan Javier's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

Una especie de trabajo de pregrado universitario en antropología visual, con buen presupuesto y algunas buenas intenciones. No sé si se tomarán en serio realmente.

2. DrFirestone's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

A combination of a documentary and re-enactment of some of the historical events shot on the classic 16mm and Super 8. The nomadic tribe present us their story in their own style, often with a cheerful note. This gives us the opportunity to experience their lifestyle and attitudes, but we can clearly see that some less noble episodes are being pushed to the side - for example the opium use/trade.

3. between7skies's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

Insightful portrait of a people with an empathic gaze mixed with tender humour.

4. Cid Medeiros's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

Food, words, clothing, voices, a particular perspective on the world embedded in the stories of a people struggling through the planetary process of changing imposed by the two dominant political ideologies of the 20th century.

5. Elfsoap's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

Sursprisingly entertaining and personal story of a nomadic people in the shadow of the USSR that I never would've known about otherwise. Also, life giving yoghurt.

6. mabsut's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

The modern history of the Pamir Khirghiz, a semi nomadic tribe through Riussia, China, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and finally Turkey in an effort to survive and maintain their traditional ways is remarkable. Yaks, yurts, and yoghurt.

7. matteo carini's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

an amazing people to tell stories about. ends with the sorrow for relentless modernization and globalization but with the melancholic happines due to the simple fact that such a people existed. spontaneous, warm.

8. Maya Patricia Garzae's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

9. Beatrice's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

A vivid and touching documentary, complete with comic asides and fabricated vintage footage. You may not have known about the Pamir Kirghiz before watching this, but their epic will stay with you. 'And of course, when you see a person for the second time, you behave as a friend to them'.

10. Fatima <3's rating of the film 37 Uses for a Dead Sheep

I understood some of the things he said because I'm from Afghanistan, specially when he was explaining the foods. Very informative and interesting.