1. Slappy McGee's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

Pretty great portrayal of a family going through the transitions of a parent undergoing a discovery of being transgender. Realistic look at how it affects everyone. Great performances and writing as well. Although I wanted to kick that kid in the butt for making such dumb choices, that's the way life goes sometimes.

2. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

This film has two distinct stories; one works, and the other does not. The scenes revolving around James' gender transformation work wonderfully, handled with honesty and emotional intimacy (and enhanced by Del Herbert-James' moving performance). It's in Billie's scenes where the film comes undone: while frankly depicted, these scenes feel emotionally distant and pointless, until some forced exposition at the end.

3. Rory Boothe's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

A movie that does not idealize what can develops into thick and perhaps undecidable family strife; this is its finest quality: its commitment to looking beyond the easy answer.

4. Corey's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

Good movie - a family going through their mom's ftm transition. I liked how all the current events from that year were spliced in. Drove me crazy when characters used his female name or feminine pronouns.

5. David R Williams's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

Mom wants to be a man. Right. Off you go then. The whole thing seems so trite, so well mannered. I was bored.

6. Test's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

7. Scott Dubin's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

I tried to get into this movie but failed. imagine being transgender is really tough and people face issues with intolerant people.But in this film (or at least the first 30 minutes) everyone is kind and chill about the father's gender transition. I have a hard time relating to characters who are seemingly without angst or conflict.

8. Honeychurch's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

hard to say exactly why this was such a disappointment. but despite such a promising set up, the story never grabs you. And the ticking clock just reinforced how much time was left in this slog. It felt like an eternity instead of just 52 weeks. Silver lining: made me appreciate the accomplishment of "Boyhood" more..

9. nargs_au's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

10. thivai abhor's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

11. dave gunn's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

By paralleling Billie's transition into adulthood and James's transition to manhood, and by capturing it in a year, this is more significant than either the coming-of-age or LGBTQ film it will likely be reduced to. The specifics are confronted with a special authenticity and non-judgmental attitude, as they almost come secondary to the main point that life is heavily nuanced and constantly changing. Beautiful.

12. DDEEPIN's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

13. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

14. spiderliliez's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

It's a cinematic genius. I personally liked how this tried to make things right at the end (unlike other indies). Forcing its young adult to make the right decisions, because at the end of the day, it really is what we end up thankful for. "52 Tuesdays" was sweet, brave, and wise. It's wonderful. I'm blown away by Tilda Cobham-Hervey's performance, and not to mention her on-screen mum, Del Herbert-Jane's.

15. Kamran's rating of the film 52 Tuesdays

http://nextprojection.com/2014/10/20/viff-food-chains-walking-water-trespassing-bergman-just-eat-food-waste-story-52-tuesdays-reviews/ 75/100