1. Balthaz21's rating of the film 5x2

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film 5x2

The obvious comparisons are 'Betrayal' by Pinter and 'Irreversible' by Noe. Most extreme goes to Noe, though the brutality in '5x2' is much more personal. Pinter is such a gifted writer that he doesn't have to have his characters resort to physical violence. The violence is in the dialogue. These 3 all have that somewhat sickly sweet endings/beginnings that we'd love to remain in. But life moves on.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film 5x2

4. bitterMoo's rating of the film 5x2

5. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film 5x2

This is actually a feminist film of sorts! It dares to represent male cowardice and cognitive-emotional distancing towards women as an ethical problem. Quite remarkable, actually.

6. Samuel Donath's rating of the film 5x2

Not a bad Ozon film. Interesting play on structure.

7. Charles Coleman's rating of the film 5x2

Tough film at times but such is life. Beautiful film.

8. raggiodisole's rating of the film 5x2

Pure focus, incredibly engaging, a reminder of the fascinations and intrigues of a relationship

9. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film 5x2

Subtle, sad but honest. No fairytales here.

10. Huw Morgan's rating of the film 5x2

Interesting idea but I'm left struggling to grasp what the point was really. Maybe that's a dent in my intelligence but it seems like an unrealistically doomed love. Still, well acted, couple of unexpected turns. Could be a lot worse.

11. Dan Wagstaffe's rating of the film 5x2

This is a beautiful, sad film which highlights the potential and destructive power of love.

12. Tando's rating of the film 5x2

An odd and yet beautiful film. Strangely, I enjoyed the cold and somewhat sterile air some scenes and the movie had. I very much enjoyed the subtle nuances.

13. suburbsofcinema's rating of the film 5x2

14. Richmond Hill's rating of the film 5x2

A more engaging use of the reverse narrative structure previously employed in Noe's Irreversible, with fall again preceding decline. A tad cold and obvious but nevertheless a decent example of the French talking-heads mode of middle class cinema with enough home truths between the cool exposition to make this generally satisfying viewing. A pair of well judged performances from the leads help lead the conviction.

15. kopfkompass's rating of the film 5x2

Famos fotografiert, famos erzählt. Dass sich Geschlechtsverkehr für Frauen aber wie immer eine Vergewaltigung anfühlen muss, damit der Mann so richtig abgehen kann, hat mich sehr wütend gemacht.

16. pivic's rating of the film 5x2

Despite the fact that I enjoy how Ozon creates more questions than provides answers throughout this film, it's still too simple and quite dull. I needed more fodder and sadly this film didn't provide. I've seen three other Ozon films, and they've all been better than this.

17. Mike Koo's rating of the film 5x2

Beautiful and tragic. Distant and cold, with sprinkles of happiness. A story of a decaying marriage told in reverse order to help pinpoint when the decline began. Ozon's comedic and satirical ventures, such as 8 Women and Potiche are loads of fun. But it's his serious films, 5x2 and Time to Leave, that venture deep into the heart of the soul and yields some of the most raw emotions and cinematic gold.

18. Joaopa's rating of the film 5x2

At the end of the film have a scene whose composition is a remarkable masterpiece, which helps in the end, to summarize that our relationship with love: we know the risks they run when we fully expose and cast ourselves in a new venture love so to speak. But still, we could not live without this feeling that we are happy and we need someone. www.cinemadebuteco.com

19. Ouibonjour's rating of the film 5x2

Definitely could have been better. Beautiful soundtrack. Emmanuelle Bernheim's voice really annoyed me.

20. icha's rating of the film 5x2

21. Pierre's rating of the film 5x2

I love the conceit, and the ending brings a mixture of sadness and joy, pain and rebirth. But for much of the runtime it plays out a bit too conventional and sterile, much like the problems that beset both characters. Not a great one by him.

22. vincentbergerond@gmail.com's rating of the film 5x2

Ozon is not always brilliant, but this one really works well with chronology reversed. When a relation is over, it often works like that in our head.