1. Jim Fear's rating of the film 8 Mile

Watched it on a screen on a summer music fest headlining Sepultura, Melvins and Public Enemy

2. Eric Ortiz García's rating of the film 8 Mile

3. nandafr's rating of the film 8 Mile

4. audipras's rating of the film 8 Mile

The movie is basically about the journey of a rapper (Eminem) and his friends, but mostly about Eminem, from zero to hero. Nothing is really special about this movie. It's just a fun experience seeing Eminem's acting. But no, you won't see him do his "rap style" in this movie. So I'll go with a three.

5. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film 8 Mile

Je pensais que ça allait être un film un peu naze avec du rap dedans, en fait c'est un très bon film avec du rap dedans.

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film 8 Mile

Eminem didn't act in this movie. I'm not sure if he can act or not. But hey, it doesn't matter. Because why do you have to act if you played yourself? Well, B-Rabbit is Eminem himself. IMHO, nothing special in its plot. Not a fan of rap music. But I can assure you that "Lose Yourself" is perfect as the soundtrack of this movie. Other songs, maybe a little bit "meh" for Eminem standard...

7. surgery-ethic's rating of the film 8 Mile

"Fuck a beat, I'll go A Capella. Fuck a Papa Doc, fuck a clock, fuck a trailer, fuck everybody. Fuck y'all if you doubt me. I'm a piece of fuckin' white trash, I say it proudly. And fuck this battle, I don't want to win, I'm outtie. Here, tell these people something they don't know about me." (3,5)

8. smndvdcl's rating of the film 8 Mile

Curtis Hanson quantifies the genius of Marshall Mathers with this sterling semi-autobiographical take on Eminem's indomitable rise in hip-hop subculture. A strong socialist undertone resonates throughout.

9. James Mackin's rating of the film 8 Mile

I think it's fair to say this is a classic. That said, I only really re-watch once every few years for the rap battles.

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film 8 Mile

11. T-Cruise's rating of the film 8 Mile

12. Antonio Petre's rating of the film 8 Mile

13. QuincyArthur's rating of the film 8 Mile

Cookie cut film about rap has a weird ring to it

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film 8 Mile

When I was looking for a place to stay in Detroit it was a seller's market. I was trying to find a place around 12 mile. They looked at me and said "No". I ended up in Pontiac. The funniest scene for me was when Rabbit started chanting, "Fuck Cranbrook!" I didn't go to the High School. I went to Cranbrook Academy of Art. It brought back such sweet memories.

15. Jean Guizado's rating of the film 8 Mile

16. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film 8 Mile

2 stars for Lose Yourself and Eminem. The film is crap

17. Bianca Olteanu's rating of the film 8 Mile

18. ninchok's rating of the film 8 Mile

I've seen it a long time ago and remember my excessively good feelings about it.

19. JasonAv's rating of the film 8 Mile

20. Bárbara Soares's rating of the film 8 Mile

not good, but i like eminem.

21. hirzi_chandani's rating of the film 8 Mile

22. Tiagojeff's rating of the film 8 Mile

23. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film 8 Mile

Eminem isn't the greatest actor, but a very compelling and triumphant story. Basinger steals the show performance wise.

24. anarresti's rating of the film 8 Mile

(Spoiler alert) Up until this movie, I never cared much about Eminem, I have to admit. And, this is a huge confession, I had no idea that a rap battle could be something interesting. What is truly amazing is that Eminem's character wins the final battle by transcending (and antecipating) all his weaknesses, because he has nothing else to lose. That scene, those lyrics, everything it means, is very well constructed.