1. Superfrog's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Really good piece with a flair for dialogue. The story of an epistolary friendship about books allowing for great letter form reading. As a film it is not exactly ground breaking.

2. Nairita Chakraborty's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Loved it. Such sweet subtleness of human emotions.

3. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

A sweet little film which I have avoided for years -- too sentimental for my tastes - but made all the more poignant as I remember visiting Marks in Charing Cross Road with my father in the 1960s.

4. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Beautiful film, wonderful actors.

5. Kemi's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

What a touching movie. Bittersweet, nostalgic and sentimental. Great performances and I love the way that so many lives were touched by the simple art of letter-writing - a skill sadly forgotten nowadays.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins star in this charming film about an American woman who enjoys a postal friendship with the staff (and one gentleman, in particular) of an English book store. Sweet & funny & innocent, this also now serves as a reminder of how valuable the personal touch in an increasingly impersonal world. Moments in which the characters talk directly to camera don't work so well, but the rest does.

7. 00red00's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

8. Pango's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Absolutely delightful simple film. Both Anne Bancroft and Anthony Hopkins shine.

9. Dogville59's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

I really enjoyed this film. It was charming and, at times bittersweet with a lot of humorous moments. I also enjoyed the sets, the cinematography and when Helene looks at we the viewers and speaks to us but she is really speaking to Frank.

10. Log Lady's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Simplistic but warm-hearted, 84 Charing Cross Croad is a lovely love letter for second-hand books, but also a wistful story about longing for something you might never be able to do/see, and living that longing through movies and whatnot. Bancroft is lovely as Hanff, and overall the film just appealed to me more than the book.

11. ExperimentoFilm's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

This film is at least ten times more charming than that Arnold on Green Acres.

12. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Da

13. Hector Camero's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

I love the starting point of it: correspondence from one side to other and its synthesis, but it actually lasts a lot to develop: there's a lot of passion for books, but for instance, its plot is all about: "Do you have this book? Yes, I'll send it to you :) ". So when you start to actually feel something deep, such as Hanff's love for england, she just reaches Marks and company... and that's it

14. Mugino's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

There's a distinction between the charm of the original story (made all the more heart-warming by the fact that it was true) vs. the manner in which it is told. Bancroft and Hopkins are magnificent to watch as always, as are the supporting players, but the film -- in and of itself -- is a little thin. Had they included Hanff's sequel of sorts, "The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street", it would have been more complete.

15. Fritz's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

Based on a true story.. Lovely film, I love it. It is simple, honest. With good performances by Anthony Hopkins and Anne Bancroft. Cinephiliac moment: When Frank Doel (Hopkins) seems to be longing to see Helen (Bancroft) and reads a love poem by W B Yeats

16. hikikomori's rating of the film 84 Charing Cross Road

I read somewhere that it was a triumph of "quiet" filmmaking, and I couldn't agree more. Very simple, but masterfully done.