1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

A fun film that feels very much like a precursor to the bodycount/slasher films of the 1980s, A Bay Of Blood has a fantastic sense of fun running through it, as well as plenty of bloodshed. Not the best, or most polished, film from director Mario Bava, it remains just as influential as a number of his other features.

2. Pango's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Such a good mood after the music in the ending!

3. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Diverting enough, and clearly influential, but not visually exciting enough to be considered anything overly special.

4. dmol's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

As the horror buff in question, I was thrilled with some of the scenes. Deliciously freaky and irrevocably cult.

5. duncsbailey's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Yes, it's the original slasher movie and it sets up a lot of the tropes, but that doesn't necessarily make it a great film. The narrative is pointlessly confusing and silly however there are some fun visuals. It's an interesting film for fans of the slasher genre or horror films in general, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone else.

6. Zachariah Rigby's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

All the blood in the world couldn't hide the fact that this is basically just a soap opera about the most unlikeable family in the world squabbling over real estate.

7. 'king Harold's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Don't choose the dubbed version the sound is vastly inferior to the Italian with English subs. I especially enjoyed how the semi naked blond girl squirmed around like one of Simone's squids, such a sensitive director. Some nice interiors and furnishings also. The ending is very satisfying and really the only way it could be.

8. karl's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Overall a 2 but bump it to 3 for the ending. Plus the lass with the skimpy dress running for her life after just having just skinny dipped. Wadda scene.

9. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Often stated as one of Bava's finest in the horror genre. It is a stylish one with nice ideas and a tense atmosphere. Probably one his most violent too. Slight makes me think of "Silent night, bloody night". Recommended for fans of the giallo and slasher genre.

10. Paul Mallinson's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Definitely a prototype for the American slasher boom of the 80s.

11. Nick Schwab's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

The first distillation of everything that exploitation slashers would be known for, A Bay of Blood was first, but it's akin to the lesser of the form, eschewing tension and sustained suspense for gory kills. A lack of a focus on character dimension also makes it feel detached and unfocused. It may be one of the few Mario Bava films that's style still prominent today, but oddly, it's one of the master's weaker works.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Pas moins de 13 meurtres sanglants et variés en 75 minutes plutôt réjouissantes qui préfigurent bien avant l'heure le genre slasher. Malgré les récurrents défauts de Mario Bava abusant des zooms et des approximations techniques, cette oeuvre reste exemplaire et bienvenue dans la fluctuante filmographie du cinéaste, avec comme ultime et mémorable référence, l'enfantine et radicale pirouette finale .www.cinefiches.com

13. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

One of my favourites. Slasher movies would have been different if "A Bay of Blood" had not come to life. Thank you, Argento.

14. Dumangin's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

15. Patricia's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Great soundtrack... liked to sound mix of the film... very interesting to watch? Extreme game of Clue is how I would describe this film, one of Bava's finest.

16. AdrianM.'s rating of the film A Bay of Blood

they killed a sexy & cute girl for no reason whatsoever, I can't like this one ,sorry

17. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Quizás estemos ante la peor película de Mario Bava. El guión es desastroso y excesivamente truculento. Lo único medio rescatable son las escenas de asesinato y violencia.

18. English Dodo's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

The original slasher film with 13 bodies piled up in under 90 mins. Visually pleasing to look at and the make-up effects are very decent. The score is good too and for once the dubbing isn't terrible. From the first murder to the very end the movie delivers one twist after another, its a rollercoaster ride with a bodycount and never tries to be anything else. Recommended viewing for all fans of the slasher genre.

19. bitchwitched's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Everything I hate about horror films. Did I say I loathe slashers?

20. Arf's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Un gran bel lavoro di Bava, mi ha ricordato molto Argento, che belli sti vecchi film

21. lina maj's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

The soundtrack is good. Brunhilda's underpants. The couple that got killed while making love is quite memorable.

22. Serena Doe's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

23. Daniele Ferrante's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Mario Bava era un regista con un ottima tecnica. Purtroppo era consapevole di questo, e finiva con l'utilizzare la sua bravura per allungare fino all'insopportabilità film che sarebbero potuti durare la metà del tempo. Con tanti dei suoi film il trucco riesce (Lisa e il diavolo, nonostante si regga sul nulla, è incredibilmente d'atmosfera) in questo "Reazione a catena" invece ne risente la suspence.

24. Leco's rating of the film A Bay of Blood

Bava is an interesting treat: he manages to split my feelings on this whole movie. If I say that's just not a good story... I'll know that's a good giallo anyway. One portraying (within the genre, never forget) what happens when one's humanity is overcome by greed. I can recall a lot of bad acting throughout the piece and also remember beautifully shot landscapes; goofy transitions and inventive ones. So... 2.5/5