1. Ka potem Es's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

2. yovargas's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

A shallow depiction of genius, of mental illness, of recovery, of romance, of marriage. Everything about it feels so superficial, which is a shame because they had a great cast and a fascinating premise. But the results are just bland. C+

3. kartina obskura's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

4. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

5. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Didn't enjoy this first time round when it first came up, but appreciate it a little more on second viewing in my old age.

6. Malt Frisky's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Take a complex and brilliant minded real life individual and water it down to fit the convenience of a Hollywood script and a director who is only capable of directing mellow drama material. The actors have nothing to work with and can't be blamed although Crowe's accent seems to be doing a walking tour of America at the start. If your interested in knowing the real life Nash then check out A Brilliant Madness.

7. André Vieira's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

3,7. Jennifer Connelly makes me feel like an emotional roller-coaster of emotions. I tip my hat to you, kind lady. This type of twist doesn't work anymore because you can feel it coming like a disoriented train. I liked the golden look that some of the locations had.

8. tgmf's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Genius, mathematics, schizophrenia, secret agents, cars from 50's, Jennifer Connelly, what else would you want from a movie? Ah, it is based on the real events too!

9. E's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

A lot of stuff was eliminated the Hollywood way, yet I still think it's a fine melodrama, with strong performances. The reason this works for me is that I take the film seriously, as an almost tragic lament of Nash's purgatorial life. He died in 2012 with his wife in a car crash, so I guess tragedy was always following him, amidst all the genius.

10. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

It's unfortunate to see how downplayed Jennifer Connelly's character is - and how she acts as a thematic vessel to further the "one person can change all" cliche - in comparison to Russell Crowe's, who gets a challenging character to play and owns it. Loved a lot of the behavioral mannerisms Crowe predicates his performance upon, but there's an ordinariness in here that I feel some are ignoring.

11. eroica's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

12. ceknklsn's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

13. James Mackin's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Probably the best thing I've seen Russell Crowe do.

14. Alexandrra's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

15. Superfrog's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Could not finish. Have seen this in the past. Not sure at all what it is trying to achieve as this is neither factual nor symbolic and certainly not entertaining.

16. John's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

A whitewash of a film about a man with a considerably more complex psychology and persona than Hollywood can deal with. Tripe. Watch the National Geographic documentary about the man, or Adam Curtis' The Trap. Not this saccharine tripe.

17. raggiodisole's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Sort of grabs the attention with the depiction of mental illness, but you do get the feeling that they struggled to make this story interesting

18. Penelope q's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

It present the character and argument in a simplistic way full of topics.

19. Myriam Raja's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

I went into the film not knowing much about it at all, and found myself rather bored at the beginning despite Crowe's perfectly good performance. However, it does pick up in the second half. Ron Howard's direction is incredibly boring throughout but Crowe and Connelly make for a watchable pair. A nice conventional Hollywood film that won't change your perspective on life, but worth a watch if you're bored.

20. Mike Baker's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

If only John Nash had been half as nice...

21. marxsbeard's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

pretty much the dictionary definition of hollywood SOLID. all over the shop factually but watchable as hell. and vaguely terrifying.

22. Josh's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Russell Crowe holds this clever portrayal of a disintegrating mind together. However, the bittersweet feeling of his single undergraduate one-trick-pony achievement justifying his entire existence is not upheld in real life, just check his real accolades and contributions to mathematics, which are infinitely more engaging than this commercialised tale.

23. Emmet Gingles's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Amazing film. Gives you a firm perspective of the mentally challenged.

24. yana's rating of the film A Beautiful Mind

Great film!!! Very inspiring and emotional...

← Previous 1 3 4