1. Richmond Hill's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

"A film too long" indeed. Another of Attenborough's well meaning but overpacked plods.

2. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

Its an epic alright. I enjoyed the details covering the logistics of an army. The set must have felt like a sausage fest.

3. benowen73's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

Vast and moving. I made my folks take me to Holland to retrace the scenes in this.

4. Ricky Robertson Jr.'s rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

What an insane cast, pretty much every main character is one of the most famous actors of all time. The writing was basically wall to wall memorable sequences, like a compilation of the most harrowing moments of Operation Market Garden. It's almost impossible for that not to make for compelling viewing. Very informative, loaded with witty dialogue and great action. I love the flamethrower scene.

5. D/R/W's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

I just love really insanely long films with huge casts

6. Zach Closs's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

Why the lukewarm reputation? Puts a human face on both sides of Operation Market Garden, which it examines from a refreshingly multinational perspective with meticulous authenticity. Battle scenes are visceral and epic in scope, with no shortage of attention paid to gory consequences. Robert Redford gravely screaming Hail Mary during the airborne division's massacre of a river crossing chills to the bone.

7. mike edwards's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

EVERYONE is in this.. some great characters and impressive scenes but it does go on forever. Edward Fox is awesome.

8. Fritz's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

A bit too long and complicated. I guess it's typical in Attenborough films. I was lost in some scenes. Still, there are some good moments (especially, the jumping off of the paratroopers from the planes. The paratroopers were like mushrooms or a bunch of jellyfish gradually falling from the sky. It is delightful.) and good performances.

9. souljacker's rating of the film A Bridge Too Far

3 overral rating? WTF, MUBI?