1. Alan & Zayn's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Tropes galore. Couldn’t finish it.

2. Ramon Colom's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Con Garrel o entras o no entras. No hay término medio. A mi me interesan a priori sus historias de amor pero, se me caen al cabo de un rato. Los guiones pueden ser verosímiles pero los diálogos son imposibles. Menos mal que el film comienza por el final y así, si te quieres ir, puedes hacerlo. La he visto entera y algunas cosas me interesaron. Pero no todas.

3. Juurakkotukka's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

4. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

One couple with more money than sense. Another with no money and a bit of sense. Freds idea of love and marriage, it's ok, they're only whores. Merde to that. Well done for leaving him. Just not gritty, or witty enough for me. I wanted to slap everyone. Sorry. Loved the John Cale music.

5. captainfez's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

6. Sergio Bautista's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Los personajes no terminan de desenvolverse pero el manejo de la historia es muy atinado. Las actuaciones de Garrell y de Belucci, bien a secas.

7. elaorleans's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Would give it four stars, but the most hideous piano pieces in the history of the soundtrack killed the best scenes in the film. Can't believe John Cale wrote it/ artless and painfully sentimental gibberish. The film would be so much stronger if there was just music left in the dancing scene and the rest was left silent.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

There wasn't really much to this. It's not as profound or moving or clever as it perhaps thinks it is. But I liked all of the performances and I'll watch Monica Bellucci in pretty much anything, so at least director Philippe Garrel gave the whole thing a boost when casting her in a central role.

9. Superfrog's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

I like this type of films, the frenchness, the narration, the type of issues discussed. But hey, this one was a bit of a slog.

10. Lauren Ginn's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

This film feels lifeless. It's as if it was made with a checklist of how to make a French arthouse film about an obnoxious fuckboi painter. If you want a good French film about love and politics just watch Wild Reeds instead.

11. Shahriar Khan's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

The slow, inevitable decay of a relationship mimicked by the inexorable draining of the marvellous beauty that has been Monica Bellucci’s. And yes, as with Paul in the movie, you will laugh In astonishment at how beautiful MB still is. As honest as a film can get (no way could this have been made by Americans), nothing showy, nothing over-elaborated. People fall in and out of love. Life goes on. For almost everyone.

12. Minerva Amiss's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

13. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Nicely shot, but quite boring and a little preposterous. The lead actors don't seem to have a clue what they're doing; the secondary actors are much more interesting, at least potentially.

14. polo's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Tried hard (Philippe Garrel) and did it good but there's no real chemistry between actors; the story is consistent but not well developed, somehow never boring and the firsts scenes was the very best part of the whole work

15. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

16. Renton47's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Believe me, I looked for some psychology complexity beyond war of the sexes shit. Reductive interactions - the allied women, angry artist, idolising friend. Unlike his contemporary Hong Sang-Soo, Garrel's observations are banal and offer a complicit relationship to bourgeoisie values. Kent Jones shone light on the personal quality, but watching I felt the drama removed to deflect intimacy. WTF was that song.

17. Linda Scott's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Monica Bellucci est tellement mauvaise actrice... Céline Salette fait ce qu’elle peut avec son partenaire sans saveur et Louis Garrel est encore une fois à claquer.

18. Ash's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Slow burner, it is hard to sympathies or indeed have any sense of the characters for the first half of the film. However as normality unfolds the characters come to life.

19. Dave Boothroyd's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

A film about what pretentious jerks men can be, which only becomes apparent through the subversion of the masculinist script by the the two fine female performances - a star for each of those.

20. chicajomles's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Did haters miss the 4 minute scene where Monica Bellucci dances "Truth Begins" from Dirty Pretty Things?

21. jorge.lopez's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Simple story.. No surprises.. End unlikely as long time has passed since the breakup... it's not like that

22. Colin Stewart's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

Pretty bad, and I like this sort of thing. Do all French men still have to be portrayed as boring misogynists? Felt like it would have been acceptable if it had been made a few decades earlier

23. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer

forse è il garrel che mi è piaciuto meno

24. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film A Burning Hot Summer