1. Michael Diers's rating of the film A Call Girl

Ein an die Berliner Schule angelehnter Film, der aufzeigt, dass das Leben - wenn es auch noch so ausweglos erscheint - immer weitergeht. Tolle schauspielerische Leistung.

2. Sweetie's rating of the film A Call Girl

An almost unbearable load of sadness.

3. AVA's rating of the film A Call Girl

Zerbrochene Coolness,düster inszeniert.

4. Rebekah's rating of the film A Call Girl

Gosh, prostitution is no joke. Nina Ivanisin portrays a college coed struggling to make ends meet so she moonlights as a prostitute. Watch the slow destruction of her moral compass as she fights off sadistic pimps, creepy clients & her stalker ex boyfriend. Ivanisin gives a performance that gives the audience a taste of what prostitution can look like and how something so desperate can turn into something so deadly.

5. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film A Call Girl

This is a sharp, nasty and psychological edge-of-your-seat film. Nina Ivanišin is soulful, tough, sexy, confused, troubled, resigned - all with great subtly. You become desperate for resolution as details accumulate and storylines are put aside waiting to explode. The brisk pace keeps you from sinking into despair. There are constant unexpected twists and turns. It is surprising film discovery (for me, anyway).

6. Pelicant's rating of the film A Call Girl

Commonplace plodding realist melodrama.

7. El Biffo's rating of the film A Call Girl

Negative portrayals of sex workers are so passe.

8. Charlotte Couch's rating of the film A Call Girl

Just the opening scene gave me such an interesting feel on the main character. Her darkness and unaffected attitude was something I've seen, but not often. I love the way the film is so dull in color, it really sets the mood for the audience and flourishes when seen in the characters as well. 5 stars for me.

9. mpho3's rating of the film A Call Girl

"Perhaps what works best about this film is that it feels almost completely natural. The performances, direction and script are flawless in creating a story which is believable, even at the point that Sasha's world begins to crumble. [What in Ivanisin's performance] really comes through is how tired [Sasha] is of fighting...." - Simon Read, Quiet Earth 3.5 stars

10. Tania Ahmadi's rating of the film A Call Girl

Nina Ivanišin's screen-presence. The narrative has the potential to be engaging, but at some point, it loses its fluidity.

11. David R Williams's rating of the film A Call Girl

Another film a bit too paint by numbers but still holds interest due to Nina Ivanisin's wonderful performance and a great supporting cast especially the father and his group of friends. Their rendition of Zappa's "Bobby Brown (Goes Down)" is worth the price of admission alone. Somehow Nina comes across as both sexually knowing yet completely clueless/naive at the same time like some schoolgirl playing at the game.

12. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film A Call Girl

13. tintinmugshot's rating of the film A Call Girl

14. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film A Call Girl

This film works only if I think of it as a critique of late capitalism (banks giving mortgages to college students, etc.) and not as a tragedy or morality tale, because the protagonist is a prostitute by choice and clearly in it for the dough (not a victim of trafficking), and because everyone is callous and unpleasant and speaks in vapid cliches acquired from the West. "Time is money."

15. Samuel T.'s rating of the film A Call Girl

It has that Cannes-Dardenne slurp, but sometimes I'm a sucker.

16. Mark Tallo's rating of the film A Call Girl

I hated this movie. Watching a chain smoking manipulative main character stare slack-jawed into the camera for 87 minutes is not my idea of entertainment. I know there is supposed to be a message here: like this is what post capitalist society has turned us into but it was totally not worth the time or effort.

17. daniel's rating of the film A Call Girl

A Call Girl is a movie that takes the viewer through the dangerous underground world of prostitution, and illustrates the extent a person would go for "the good life". Highly tense at times and deeply interesting for the outside eye, the film represents the larger theme of modern day survival, when money is hard to come by and other options are spent. Gripping and exposing.

18. Slappy McGee's rating of the film A Call Girl

For 2 Acts this film lures us in with some complex characters and interesting situations. It builds some great tension and looks to delve deep into the problems that it has created. And then.It just ends. Not a single story line that it has developed does it even ATTEMPT to wrap up or address. I was REALLY READY TO LOVE THIS MOVIE. But any good storytelling (101) includes a beginning, middle and end.

19. MarAnhelo's rating of the film A Call Girl

Very well written and directed. My only complaint is that the story seems to have been written with the intention of drawing more attention to the sex work lifestyle as a burden/nightmare, rather than speaking about how the anti-sex work moral tone continues to perpetuate violence against sex workers.

20. Vassilis Tsitsopoulos's rating of the film A Call Girl

This is the "new Europe". That's what the film says, among other things.

21. Eduardo Landeros's rating of the film A Call Girl

22. Jorge's rating of the film A Call Girl

6/10 Buena pelicula, te da una sensacion de impotencia en cierta parte de la pelicula.

23. Max Seqgar's rating of the film A Call Girl

Uh-huh, so you wanted to play with fire, huh?

24. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film A Call Girl

Pas de quoi distraire un panda de sa bambouseraie car rien de vraiment original dans ce film sans prétention. Le ton reste juste malgré des situations assez attendues. L'actrice principale est particulièrement intéressante et donne ainsi son véritable intérêt à ce film.