1. Aardsy's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

2. FISCHER's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

Une jeune femme travaillant dans un institut médical spécialisé pour enfants retardés, se prend peu à peu d'affection pour un gamin âgé de douze ans ..... Intimiste et psychologique ! www.cinefiches.com

3. bagno's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

i bambini mettono inequivocabilmente a disagio

4. knockkneed's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

really not a throwaway - like julian donkey boy shot by carol reed

5. MONSIEURDE's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

6. msmichel's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

Compromised early Cassavetes that leans far too close to studio style sentimentality. During editing he was actually fired from the picture after legendary clashes with producer Stanley Kramer. These experiences led to his iconoclast independent style in his own filmmaking afterwards. Performances are solid enough with Lancaster and Rowlands making an impression but Garland's turn a little overrated.

7. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

Non è il classico Cassavetes che si riscontra nella maggior parte dei suoi lavori,c'è un classicismo molto più visibile nelle inquadrature e negli stacchi.Ma ha il pregio enorme di mettere in scena un argomento di tale portata con zero retorica e massima sincerità.I volti dei bambini non hanno bisogno di parole,quello di Robin è quasi insostenibile.Attori monumentali.

8. Rafael Marques's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

To watch any of Cassevete's films will always feel like being brutally beaten. And I'll always feel damn good about it.

9. Cristiano's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

Lo sguardo di Robin durante tutto il film è insostenibile

10. Zach A's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

I didn't know much about this one, but Cassavetes, Lancaster, and Garland making a film that tries to explore some pretty complex taboos is definitely worth watching. Shadows and Cassavetes' later body of films attacked other complex social issues with a more direct visual freedom, but I was still really impressed. And I had no idea Gena Rowlands was in this. She was great as always.

11. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

A pretty difficult film to watch. Personally, I thought Lancaster was best of show in this.

12. chanandre's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

[Cinémathèque PT #556: 35 mm] (2007) Somewhat weird to see mega-stars such as Burt Lancaster and Judy Garland in a John Cassavetes' (America's Garrel) movie. But it works.

13. absintheminded's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

Garland was amazing in this...

14. Yuki Aditya's rating of the film A Child is Waiting

for my money this is my favorite acting of Judy Garland, and she doesn't even dance.