1. Chelsea's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

joey wong was so beautiful in this and tbh that's all i remember about the film

2. lIZUKA's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

The most exhausting thing about this was its sheer cinematic energy. People fly, jump, and engage in situation comedy with little pause for breath, and whatever pauses that do occur are usually there to linger on Joey Wong's face.

3. msmichel's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

Though its lost some of its visceral power over the years Ching Siu-Tung's 'A Chinese Ghost Story' still represents a solid entry in the genre and boasts strong production values especially in music and set design. For many of us this was one of the first films we discovered in our exposure to HK cinema in the late 80's and early 90's. This stands as both a nostalgic view and an essential part of HK cinema heritage.

4. Wen's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

This is definitely not a masterpiece. But I have been lost in her eyes since the first time I watched it about 20 years ago.

5. film_lies101's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

Best parts are when it's ripping off 'Evil Dead'

6. Vodalus of the Wood's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

Just watched this film... Some of the most inventive fantasy I have seen in a film. It would be an understatement to say this is a less adolescent Chinese equivalent to The Neverending Story; less epic but certainly just as committed to its vision of life as a beautiful, melancholy dream.

7. HKFanatic's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

Tsui Hark produces a supernatural love story for the ages, loaded with practical special effects and dizzying camera work reminiscent of Sam Raimi's "Evil Dead." Martial arts buffs won't likely be sated by the infrequent fight scenes, but "A Chinese Ghost Story" remains a landmark picture of its genre for embodying the relentless energy and creative filmmaking technique that defined Hong Kong cinema of the Eighties.

8. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

An utter beautiful and delirious film, folk legends blurring with the best of the 1980s aesthetic of Hong Kong cinema to create a standout of that era of the region’s film output. That it manages to feel like the Evil Dead 2 and then outdo it in its unadulterated energy is a cherry on top.

9. Josh Griffey's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

Just a fun and kick ass movie. I love it.

10. Allan's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

The greatest shit film ever made (especially with English dubbing)

11. tnzk's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

Very entertaining! ........

12. Matt's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

A great combination of romance, comedy, action, horror, fantasy and some drama as well. A great picture and NEVER boring.

13. Valu2009's rating of the film A Chinese Ghost Story

One of the move that made me love asian cinema. Yes, it takes his time to work well, in the beginning is a little bit boring, but this is one of the best example of HK cinema.