Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

1. ejonline's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

Watching this was a little bit like reading Axe Cop, but not as funny. The story was silly and all over the place, and felt a bit repetitive near the end. It certainly seemed longer than the 88 minute running time. It also looks more like a HK movie from the mid-80's rather than 1995. Perhaps that was part of the gag for the domestic audience? Don't know. It was simply too silly and too scatterbrained for my taste.

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

Wacky wuxia. Classic epic story that features slapstick and time travel. You have to admire the role that women play because they are stronger and smarter than their male counterparts. And who doesn't find a crotch on fire being stamped out funny?

3. Finn Simons's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

A bizarre fantastic piece with lots of interesting physical gags and humor mixed in with a unique storyline. The music and use of camera angles to emphasize the humor and intensity of some scenes was great. I thoroughly enjoyed the characters and their wild mannerisms. There's a level of pleasure in the ridiculous. But mostly I enjoyed the complex fighting scenes with extended in-air motions and odd physics.

4. christopher harris's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

Very great movie and great story. This is one of those movies that put its cheesy comedy and bad action stunts to the best and provide a great movie. Living in this world has its hilarious spots from the main character of the monkey king. What he has to go through to become the monkey king is in itself a great journey. The characters are hilarious and bring a nice comedic effect to the movie.

5. Julia Parsons's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

Definitely entertaining, that's for sure! This film is cheesy and ridiculous, but I think that's the charm of it. The plot of very fast-paced and action-packed, but it's filled with enough light-heartedness that its fun to watch without getting whiplash from how many things are happening all at once. The slapstick humor was almost too much at times, though. Other than that, very entertaining!

6. Hannah Gonzalez's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

This film was suprisingly slightly funny to me. I found myself laughing at some of the jokes throughout the movie. The most entertaining thing to me was learning more about the culture. Learning about the Chinese legends was a great bonus to an entertaining hour and half of the movie! I learned that each culture has interesting facts that we do not even know of. It makes me want to watch more. Great Movie overall!

7. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

8. Sin título.'s rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

9. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

10. Sơn Phước's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box

Very funny. The script is smart, though the directing is simple & old style. But who's care? It was made in 1995!

11. Jimmy's rating of the film A Chinese Odyssey - Part One: Pandora's Box