1. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

2. José Neves's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

As with Leone, the western is revisited via an abstract formal amplitude but with an unexpected silent derivation, underscored by a soundtrack that is both jazzy and Morricone like. The protagonist has a kamikaze moral dimension, an ethic of resilience as with Melville's "samurai", and like this director, we have a dry and direct look, with a quick flowing editing that allows an absence of psychology, pure reason.

3. patchwork's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

un classico della Nikkatsu Corporation è un riuscitissimo mix giapponese di noir americano e spaghetti western. Film di genere puro, visivamente curatissimo e con una parte finale strepitosa, tale da far soprassedere sulle incongruenze varie e sul fatto che abbiano scelto per protagonista uno con improbabili guance flaccide, forse nella vana speranza di emulare un bogart con gli occhi a mandorla.

4. Basque's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

5. Sudipto Basu's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

I can sing a love song to this film.

6. Joseph Abraham's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

a brilliant crime film that is compelling and stylsih. Jo Shishido is at his best as the uber-cool hitman who is hunted by the mob. I've written a film article on this film on my Japanese Samurai and Yakuza blog: onimasa.blogspot.com

7. Mathieu Langlois's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

Joe Shishido had the best cheeks in all of Japan.

8. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

A Nikkatsu classic best viewed in a theatre. Perhaps my appreciation for this film is reinforced by the score and the ending. One of my favourites from Criterion's Nikkatsu Eclipse set, though I may prefer Cruel Gun Story, if asked to choose just one.

9. commonwastrel's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

The last 10 minutes might possibly kick too much ass.

10. Adam Slusar's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

An assured and stylish noir thriller with exceptional shootout finale.

11. StellaWasaDiver's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

I just KNEW this was going to be the still.

12. Daniela's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

13. Aimee's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

14. Fabio Penela's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

this mix of yakuza-western-spaghetti-noir is kinda great, this film's a great surprise.

15. Eloi MV's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

An ultra-cool hidden and long-time lost gem!

16. Erik Villasenor's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

really cool film, but the love story felt unnecessary.

17. anafranca's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

I agree with you all. Soundtrack is also great.

18. Alex Delarge's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

Haven't we hear this score before? I know it's indicitive of Morricone but I believe I've hear it used as homage in another film....Tarantino perhaps? This is a great film and can't wait to check out the rest of the Nikkatsu Noir set!

19. Andre Rehal's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

20. dBainy's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport

Japanese western. Predictable Hollywood like ending, but unique twist of events. paradox of honor in war. ultimate contradiction, triumph is through unpredictability and stealth.

21. Mark Malazarte's rating of the film A Colt Is My Passport