1. aconeyisland's rating of the film A Constant Forge

2. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film A Constant Forge

I thought the mammoth length of the piece would make it seem overlong, but the anecdotes from those who knew John and worked with him, as well wife/muse Gena Rowlands, really shed light on the way he lived, and his creative process; always striving to attain realism and artistic truth from the actors in his films and plays without comprimise, ever. Some more personal history would've been nice. Still, it's essential.

3. adam's rating of the film A Constant Forge

Do yourself a favor and read Cassavetes on Cassavetes by Ray Carney instead. This film is decent, but it really sugar-coats parts of the man's life. Seems to me like it belongs on A&E instead of a Criterion set, but I guess it's better than nothing.

4. filippo's rating of the film A Constant Forge

5. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film A Constant Forge

Carney hates this documentary, and I can see why, its actually not very good at all. Longer doesnt mean better. Read this interview on Carney's site for more info: http://people.bu.edu/rcarney/discoveries/discmyth.shtml

6. Danny Kana's rating of the film A Constant Forge

By far, the best documentary ever made

7. Special Agent Dale Cooper's rating of the film A Constant Forge

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/constant_forge_part_one/ http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/constant_forge_part_two/

8. Rock N Roll Nigger's rating of the film A Constant Forge

One of the best documentaries, from one of the best director in the history. Cassavetes R.I.P

9. L.A.™'s rating of the film A Constant Forge

The quintessential documentary for the aspiring actor. And anyone who loves or wants to learn about Cassavettes must watch this film. Runs more than three hours and never feels too long. A celebration of a great man, that was loved by all that came to know him.