1. Frank ViSo's rating of the film A Distant Episode

2. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film A Distant Episode

has some touches of my favorite Slow Action

3. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Je n'arrête pas de penser à "La Jetée" et "L'État des choses"... Bref, pas grand chose d'original malgré la recherche d'originalité... C'est comme si on mettait un panda au milieu de roseaux... il ne se laisserait pas prendre longtemps !

4. Edgard Mok's rating of the film A Distant Episode

dreamy as eno's works (reminded me silence by f.j. ossang)

5. Ludovic72's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Le noir et blanc, le grain de la pellicule 16 mm, les grandes variations de luminosité et divers défauts de l'image rajoutent de l'étrangeté à un paysage déjà particulier. L'ambiance varie de façon discontinue, selon la musique et les bruitages. Le résultat s'avère globalement assez plaisant, même si cet exercice de transformation d'images de tournage a ses limites.

6. Ekaterina Chernyaeva's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Cinematographically, visually - I wanted to stop every frame of it and enjoy the light, shadows. "Plot" or meaning or concept wise - I guess, it can be found, brought to a table, invented... But I'd rather just enjoy it visually like I do when watching a sunset.

7. IKB 191's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Please let us watch also "The Sky Trembles and the Earth Is Afraid and the Two Eyes Are Not Brothers" after this. Cant have one without the other

8. siobhantebbs's rating of the film A Distant Episode

This film was rather bitty and didn't hold my attention too much. The silhouetted local children are very arresting.

9. EdieEmm's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Extraordinarily bad. Sloppy. Ineffective. Boring. And that's without holding it up to Pere Portabella's (brilliant) Vampir, against which it looks like an actual mistake, something no one would ever screen on purpose. Lazy and lacking creativity. Analogous to putting instagram filters on snapshots and calling them art.

10. tsamaroden's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Otherworldly and haunting, a film set is transformed into a sci-fi dreamscape. Ben Rivers exposes the artificiality of film. However succesfully he does it, I still enjoyed the images and the soundtrack. Great!

11. panagiotatos's rating of the film A Distant Episode

With this kind of "avant-garde" mumbo jumbo i think mubi tries hard to make 5,99$ a month seem like an utter rip-off...

12. Feng Ling's rating of the film A Distant Episode

coincidentally I just fell into a youtube clickhole and watched some B-roll from the upcoming "the shallow." Things get so much more interesting (fragmented movements by either crew or actors does provide a cool playground for imagination), weird (whenever crew, actors, and filming equipments all show up on screen, the mystery just breaks down), and boring (as in less exciting) at the same time without pretty people.

13. David R Williams's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Behind the scenes, outtakes and location footage of what appears to be some low budget science fiction film being shot in some sea side desert country. Damaged light leaked black-and-white 16mm Scope and a soundtrack of cutting wind, horror film thunder and distance voices pull the film even further from reality. Like the only remaining fragments of some lost archival footage. I should remember this but I don't.

14. Ioannis Papaloizou's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Excellent, dreamy, ominous: everything bunched up with beautiful shots and a beautiful score.

15. T Mills's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Nothing more than a fresh take on the behind the scenes documentary, in my opinion.

16. muse_x's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Clever. Had its moments.

17. Alex Khype's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Some nice images, not much more.

18. Dr Rage's rating of the film A Distant Episode

Some interesting shots, a nice look with the 16mm scope, but otherwise it felt kind of aimless, a lot of long takes - the soundtrack reminded me of 60's / 70's experimental scores, unfortunately, not in a good way.

19. Ray Kril's rating of the film A Distant Episode

even one star is too much ... WTF

20. josh scam's rating of the film A Distant Episode

what aliens must think of hollywood

21. warrpb's rating of the film A Distant Episode

I think I get it. It's supposed to make us feel the boredom of a day's film shoot shrunk to 20 minutes and it works. Not enough here to count as a film of the day, though Mubi.

22. Jose Figuls's rating of the film A Distant Episode

This for me is random behind the scene takes of a shoot. With some filter of old movie and grain. And experiments with music. Wow so if you put a dark song it seems epic, and if you put a comfortable song it looks like something else. Basic film experiment of first year of film school for me... Nothing special.

23. ronny's rating of the film A Distant Episode

at most, it contains a dozen or two charming frames. but for the most part, if it were playing in a dark room at the local modern art museum (where else?), i wouldn't linger longer than a minute.

24. Samuel Wells's rating of the film A Distant Episode

This film is an Avant-Garde pip of a ride. Celebrating meta-film through and through it meanders from one image it finds clever to another. A Distant episode lacks narrative drive, though it is not necessarily a bad thing in this case, allowing for the images to generate their own enjoyment. Ultimately it does sag and left me wanting more concise of a message, it remained a fine watch.