1. Rafael Zen's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

The american (dog) dream turned into a messy plot about a dog's soul traveling through breeding US. Well, if you think about it, how could it be good? When the second dog appeared, I was bored already. Go back to cats, Hollywood.

2. Mr.Rager's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

The bond between a dog and his master is something unique that last kinda forever. And this movie proves that again. A dog's purpose is emotional in the first part and in the end but in between is dull and uninteresting. The story has its own perspective, it's very spiritual but i think that many aspects of it aren't well interpreted / coordinated and it doesn't make sense most of the time. Overall is a 7 out of 10

3. anarresti's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

Well, I would still prefer Jean-Jacques Annaud's 1998 "The Bear" as the template for a film about an animal as the lead character. That has the beauty of not being anthropocentric and saves us from giving a human voice to an animal further spoiling it by humanizing, thus morphing the character into a human caricature. This one is cute and even moving. But concedes to the obvious temptation of being about humans. *

4. vordven's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

5. joana mesquita's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

6. Mr. Marston's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

7. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

I couldn't stop myself musing on the dynamics of the live-action "family film" and how it approaches a dystopian notion of the auto-made automatic art - perfect smiling people in perfectly calculated, airbrushed, contrasted shots. The question is if this uncanny valley stems from my growingly jaded experience or from an objective decentralization of the McBling paradigm that boomed this genre. But cute.

8. f-nanda's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

9. Ylly's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

“Dogs have important jobs, like barking when the doorbell rings, but cats have no function in a house whatsoever.” I really hope that one day I'll meet again with my buddy ... I really love you boy and I miss you so much *crying*

10. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film A Dog's Purpose

Exactly what you're expecting it to be and that's not a good thing, A Dog's Purpose is emotionally manipulative schmaltz cranked to an eleven. It's the kind of film so hackneyed and contrived that you feel a disconnect in the regard that anyone could've made it and the product and message wouldn't be radically different. Marley & Me didn't do anything extraordinary, but it put forth more than this.