1. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Wonderful original screenplay by Budd Schulzberg and good performances by the leads. Good film that explores the power of the media on the same lines as Billy Wilder's "Ace in the Hole" made 6 years prior to this work. Only difference was the two films dealt with different media.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Une oeuvre solide et dénonciatrice ! www.cinefiches.com

3. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Alongside Idiocracy and Southland Tales, A Face in the Crowd is THE film that prefigured the rise of Trump as President of the United States (sic). Too bad Kazan could not deliver a convincing ending.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Andy Griffith and Patricia Neal give it their all.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Griffith gives a powerhouse performance here. How he kept from being typecast as a villain after this one is beyond me...Spellbinding.

6. -REM-'s rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

7. Blumes's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

8. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Severely underrated. This should have walked home with dozens of Oscars. Dozens I say! It didn't get nominated for any Oscars. Andy Griffith knocked it out of the park, as did Patricia Neal. Sometimes when you hold up a mirror to society it frightens people. Marlon Brando was nominated for that embarrassment called 'Sayonara'. Lana Turner was nominated for that soap opera 'Peyton Place'. What a world!

10. ramosbarajas's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

This film provides a biting commentary of the television industry for its supposed lack of substance, and it's interesting to see the same point of view from so early in history.

11. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

12. teresa romã's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

13. Chuck Vollers's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Insulting crap. We're supposed to look down on Lonesome Rhodes due to his contempt for his audience, because he thinks they're idiots, but Schulberg's script and Kazan's direction work so hard to unsubtly spell out every single meaning that I can't help but feel that they think we're idiots as well. Outstanding animalistic performance from Griffith though. He could have played Jekyll and Hyde.

14. Tony Stark's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Motogringo - the description gives away the entire Simpsons episode with Gabbo as well. Oh well, I'll watch this movie anyway, just to see Matlock as Gabbo: "All the kids in Springfield are S.O.B.s."

15. Joe Fontes's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

16. Minu's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Height of megalomania at a time when newspapers, radio and television were discovered as powerful manipulation tools. Patricia Neal is to be remembered for her acting.

17. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

Wow, wow, wow... Better than Network and Meet John Doe. Great masterpiece, especially first one hour and the final (unfortunately final is too long. Reminds me of Scarface and Sunset Blvd, of course LOTR: Return of the King style!). "Behind every successful man there's a woman". This is my third Patricia Neal movie and third is a masterpiece, again. She is gorgeous. I adore her. Black Mirror fans must see this movie.

18. Winrit's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

An awesome performance by Andy Griffith and a mesmerizing movie.

19. Earth's Impossible Day's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

20. tony1990's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

A vastly underrated film to say the least. I never anticipated this curb ball of a masterpiece to hit me the way it did, especially due to its obscurity. An embodiment of the word prescient. "Network" before "Network."

21. Mike Eikmeier's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

I can't get over this movie. Third time this week I have watched it. It perfectly depicts how power can corrupt us, and also how the media controls society. Andy Griffith is amazing!

22. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

What a relevant film this still is.

23. swordofdoom's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

california fell into the ocean today; or may as well have, a huge loss. jaw dropping performance and a more impressive career. andy represented everything that makes me proud to be an american when few and fewer things do. bless you and thank you.

24. mjgildea's rating of the film A Face in the Crowd

A movie 50 years ahead of its time that ALMOST makes Network look like an episode of Maury. Andy Griffith steals the show and Elia Kazan's direction is tight. A fantastic cast and an even greater story.