1. Lodyandrian's rating of the film A German Youth

Cara 'indie' untuk ngeliat gonjang-ganjing Jerman Barat menyapu bersih sayap kiri.

2. Smaro Papaevangelou's rating of the film A German Youth

3. Sergey Belov's rating of the film A German Youth

4. anarresti's rating of the film A German Youth

Incredible documentary, that gives meaning to a whole lot more than its scope. Telling the story of the Red Army Faction, the film explains a lot of how German society made the transition from fascism to democracy. It shows the gap of generations, how the youth was more utopian and felt their parents were guilty. How radical utopians like the RAF transitioned from theory to direct action and then violent action.

5. Monkey Flix's rating of the film A German Youth

A mildly interesting documentary about the Red Army Faction in West Germany in the 1970s. Would make a good double feature with the 2008 film "The Baader Meinhof Complex". Probably only of interest to Germans or those who are familiar with these events.

6. Slappy McGee's rating of the film A German Youth

Yet another film that works really hard to be artistic, but ultimately comes off as being full of itself and its own message. Definitely didn't respond to it and its moralizing agenda. Far too political for me to care. But I recognize the filmmaking efforts. Many others will find more to like here than me. Moving on.

7. Fab S's rating of the film A German Youth

Documentaire qui témoigne du passage de l'art à l'action politique violente. Extrêmement instructif

8. Bilouaustria's rating of the film A German Youth

Of course, making a documentary without voice over is a great idea. It should always be the case. The archives are also a fantastic material to work with. And the 1960s in Germany (and pretty much everywhere) were a fascinating political time. But what do we learn here ? What haven´t we already seen ? Watch again "Deutschland im Herbst" ! And i guess, making this film in 2015 is close to pure romanticism.

9. rogercor's rating of the film A German Youth

Reflexão profunda e emocionante sobre os ativistas políticos alemães, sem cair no romantismo do terrorismo de esquerda.

10. Anthony's brother's rating of the film A German Youth

This would make a great 'Double Bill' with Uli Edel's 'The Baader Meinhoff Complex'. I watched this unfold before me as I became a teenager, and I saw the RAF as romantic revolutinaries. Too see this footage was revelatory. Trump uses rhetoric to grt 'the people' to execute the states brutality in the name of patriotism. Whilst us confused Brexit British spit on anyone foreign on a bus. A needed film for our time.

11. Maria Salomia's rating of the film A German Youth

12. Paul Rot's rating of the film A German Youth

Brilliant, Thank you Jean-Gabriel P.

13. Rex Freeman's rating of the film A German Youth

I'll probably start noticing this doco everywhere now ;). Compulsive viewing. More krautrock would have been nice, but perhaps that's just me. Am I allowed to say I yearn for an era in which public figures smoked on TV?

14. pierce.giurintano's rating of the film A German Youth

This historical documentary is extraordinary in the sense that it was made not even 3 years ago, yet still captures the "red scare" era feeling. Directed by Frenchman Jean-Gabriel Periot, "A German Youth" revolves around the struggle of living in East Germany right after the cold war ended, and the growing pains of newly liberated people trying to figure out democracy after decades of being gripped by brutal fascism.

15. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film A German Youth

16. Juan Javier's rating of the film A German Youth

17. Neil Patrick's rating of the film A German Youth

An excellent reminder of the boundaries within which democracy is enclosed.

18. Dada Kubin's rating of the film A German Youth

A collage of materials around the first generation of Rote Armee Fraktion. Old news footage&interviews, but also lots of film experiments from the terrorists' days at the film school. The film gives a vivid picture of the 60s&70s' atmosphere. It's centred around Meins, Meinhof and (perhaps too much) Horst Mahler, whereas Ensslin and Baader remain almost in the background, perhaps due to lack of materials.

19. affasf's rating of the film A German Youth

Mild overall, but remarkable anti-sensationalistic reminder to footage telluric vehicularity – the unapologetic beauty of fire engulfing ideology.

20. josé neves's rating of the film A German Youth

"Indie" cinema # 9: a German romanticism. It's curious, but undeniable, that to look from this distance towards the events recorded by the film, in this period of economic imperatives becoming imperialist, it sets off a connection with the characters that some German literature consolidated, as Kleist's Michael Kohlhaas.The film has the virtue of not denying it, with rare and essential documents well processed.

2 Next →