1. vordven's rating of the film A Ghost Story

2. Tasha saraswati's rating of the film A Ghost Story

Why do I feel so emotional watching white sheet with no expression

3. doublelife91's rating of the film A Ghost Story

It's as if Terrance Malick had directed a horror movie.

4. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film A Ghost Story

could be perfect but... one star off just because of Casey Affleck's voice.

5. jyan's rating of the film A Ghost Story

if you stare long enough into this ghost's eyes, you might become itself

6. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film A Ghost Story

7. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film A Ghost Story

I would understand anyone who hates it, but for me it's A Ghost Odyssey: a mediation on eternity. Here I find the very best of Finisterrae, Post Tenebras Lux, Jauja, Meek's Cutoff and of course, The Tree of Life. Here I find regrets of mine, plus fears, hopes and resolutions. An intimate piece of Hollywoodish remedy, as if it was something common before A24. Today poetry is possible everywhere, and that's a blessing.

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film A Ghost Story

between the light and the darkness

9. Mirela Dudaş's rating of the film A Ghost Story

after you die, if you get to hell, that will be your punishment: to have to look at this movie, endlessly!

10. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film A Ghost Story

11. Fabiha's rating of the film A Ghost Story

"A writer writes a novel, a songwriter writes a song. We do what we can to endure. We build our legacy piece by piece. And maybe the world will remember you or a couple of people. But you do what you can to make sure you're still around after you're gone."

12. Peter Walsh's rating of the film A Ghost Story

Strike this film sharply on the side and will ring loud with quite how stultifyingly hollow it is.

13. james@lazyatom.com's rating of the film A Ghost Story

It seems a rare thing to have a film pick a single idea and really explore it, but A Ghost Story does exactly that, and very well I think. I'm sure others will feel less enamoured, but I'm finding it hard to fault.

14. smndvdcl's rating of the film A Ghost Story

Bonnie Prince Billy (Will Oldham) as the prognosticator just about stole the whole movie. I have a soft spot for film concepts like this and Lowery uses the extended metaphor with a stylistic grace reminiscent of the deliberate patience of Malick and 'slow cinema'. It leaves so many haunting enigmas on the questionable spirituality of existence.

15. sabrina's rating of the film A Ghost Story

The reason I liked this movie was because it was existentially nihilistic, but wasn't pessimistic; to me it seemed that Lowery sought to emphasize the beauty IN the ephemerality of life and experience. This was incredibly moving for me. The reason i gave it a 4/5 however, is due to the way that this point was perpetually reinforced in the last third of the film. Although profound, it doesn't cut as deep as it couldve

16. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film A Ghost Story

17. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film A Ghost Story

18. Oneironaut 717's rating of the film A Ghost Story

19. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film A Ghost Story

_ _ _ _ ' ' _ _ a story about the enormity of time takes real talent on all parties; the patience not just of the director, but that of the audience.

20. lostlevel's rating of the film A Ghost Story

A big ball of wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff. Very well played.

21. Aida's rating of the film A Ghost Story

I love watching people do average things. But the first half of the movie w/ rooney Mara sucked. EX: the pie eating scene.Mara is generally an uninteresting screen presence, and her attempts at profundinity, anger, sadness, and frustration with the unvarying movements of her fork to mouth failed by making what could been great into something bad.

22. Jason's rating of the film A Ghost Story

As a purely audio-visual experience A GHOST STORY is pretty much beyond reproach, however, upon close inspection, and though it touches on weighty subject matter, it reveals itself as something facile; it is a hollow schematic, and the conceptual eddy it gets trapped in at the end exacerbates the problem. I will concede that I have certainly never seen this movie before, and that ain't no small thang.

23. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film A Ghost Story

A visual analogue to a Hammock album, an elegy for the South, a vision of time not as a straight line but as lateral motion on a plane. Unabashed explication can be a wonderful thing, but it does not quite work here. The film is beautifully wrought, and the first third is so quietly rich with emotion. It has the potential to be an ambient masterpiece, but instead it is far too direct. Hush, let it speak for itself.

24. Cbarky99's rating of the film A Ghost Story

At least Rooney Mara out-methoded De Niro, by going her entire life without eating any pie so that one day, when called upon, she would be able to play a grieving widow who ate pie like someone who had never tasted pie before.