Para disfrutar de una experiencia mejor en MUBI, Actualiza tu buscador

1. Duncan Gray's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Truffaut at a height/depth of whacky triviality, with Bernadette Lafont set loose like a wind-up toy that's been designed to make Kate Hepburn in Bringing Up Baby look like a shrinking violet. The indulgence is mostly boring in the way only a busy movie can be, but its coup is a tart framing device about how woman are more clear-eyed about manic pixie dream girls than men are. A valuable message, 30 years too early.

2. elenagallen's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

3. lou.'s rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Le personnage de Camille est vraiment horrible; cela rend le film formidable, même si ce n'est pas mon Truffautt préféré.

4. NCMBianchi's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Not bad, and the rhythm is typical Truffaut. Yet, the main character does not seem - at least to me - as complex as it was meant. The end result is a nice movies that doesn't catch the viewer's interest, other than at the end - because of its twist.

5. Barbara Martire's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

6. Erlösung's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Intentionally silly, exuberant, coarse, parodic, harsh. The misadventures of a femme in the masculine modernity. Lafont is gorgeous and plays a character who uses her sexual potential to survive. Truffaut brilliantly dazes us with her gay and volcanic persona, playing with our minds and the social roles we wear. And what a witty critique to social sciences ideology. Not for everyone, but still a delight.

7. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

8. DebraM's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

A Truffaut film I hadn't seen before - and I can see why. While it has all the usual directorial and technical sparkle that I expect, the material isn't to the same high standard. Having said that, Bernadette Lafont is wonderful as the uninhibited Camille and lifts the tone.

9. captainfez's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Your suspicions about sociologists are not without merit, folks.

10. Renton47's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Like Truffaut turning his hand at a Carry On.. film, about as good as that sounds. A silly sex comedy, made perhaps with the intent of giving Laftont a wild bigger-than-cinema showcase which might be annoying if it wasn't also the point. Some wry sexual politics at play, but did I say silly already?

11. P D Dawson's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

An interesting film by Truffaut, said to be one of his lesser known, and you can see why. It has all the hallmarks of a Truffaut film, and wonderful directing from a technical standpoint, but the subject is rather less inspiring and though there are some pretty good performances, this seems more like a b-movie in both its tone and depth.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Le film ne restera pas dans les annales du cinéma, même celles de l'année 1972... www.cinefiches.com

13. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Not a bad Truffaut but not a great one either. The whole farce elements and Lafont's deliberate overplaying does grate after a while.

14. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

15. Cyril Schreiber's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Una película sobre la historia de una joven desde la versión conveniente de la misma. "Una chica..." es una película menor de Truffaut que tiene su mayor atractivo en la interpretación de Bernadette Lafont, haciéndola de una mujer que engatuza no solo con su encanto, sino también con su ninfomanía.

17. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

18. Renee Hirshfield's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

In its first U.S. release, it was called SUCH A GORGEOUS KID LIKE ME—a bit of a cheeky elaboration of the French title.

19. chanandre's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

[Cinémathèque PT #122: 35 mm]

20. Curt Milner's rating of the film A Gorgeous Bird Like Me

Bernadette Lafont is gorgeous in this, an almost farcical tale, but very clever. It's a film I need to see again to fully understand.