1. Bob's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

"A Grand Day Out" is a grand masterpiece of stop motion animation and a lot more than just inspiration for Coldplay's "Talk" music video. It takes silly premise and blends it with sci-fi and old school elegance that is successfully engaging, funny, sad and above all charming. It's also superior to its sequels and for some reason, it holds a spirit that reminds you of your grandparents. A must see for every cinephile

2. FISCHER's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

Un trésor d'inventivité et d'humour à découvrir de toute urgence... www.cinefiches.com

3. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

Lacking the comparative scope & ambition of Park's subsequent work, Grand Day Out nonetheless sets an engaging template for the adventures of its titular duo. While the narrative is straight-forward to the point of being slight, it's possible that this instalment pulls closer to the influence of silent cinema (specifically Chaplin) than his later debts to Ealing Studios; creating a purely visual narrative experience.

4. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

5. James Mackin's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

6. ikkini's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

Bon ok, quand on voit la suite, on se rend compte des défauts de ce premier épisode, mais quel plaisir tout de même !

7. Slow Immersion's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

Having to watch these as a kid when I was round my friends houses was like torture!

8. teresa romã's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

I adore how much this made me dream and the powerful contribution it still has on my imagination.

9. Maximilian XXI's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

The best of all Wallace & Gromit films.

10. filmcapsule's rating of the film A Grand Day Out

The machine on the moon is one of Park's strangest and most delightful creations. He has a knack at conveying really potent (though perhaps simplistic) emotions with very little visual stimulus. So for example, the machine has no eyes or facial features, but we instantly fall in love when we see his dream of skiing. Wall-E needed giant, moist eyes to endear himself to the audience.