1. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

2-3. Amusing and influential, but absolutely tedious at points (the ending concert, for instance).

2. Black Irish's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

3. ejonline's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Lester captures energy everywhere and at times the film is bursting at the seams with youthful enthusiasm. The musical performances are great and you also get a feeling for how insane the atmosphere was around them. It drags in parts and a bit of the humor is dated (though not as badly as in Help!), but each time I watch it it reminds me that I love the Beatles (oddly, because I never actually forget that I do)

4. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

The first feature film capitalising on the success of The Beatles (with a fun supporting role for Wilfred Brambell), this perfectly captures the personalities of the fab four, and also benefits from a screenplay full of great one-liners and exchanges. And the soundtrack is great, of course.

5. Ramzi's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

A game-changing explosion

6. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

watched for my childhood. very funny, minus the old man who i could have done with 90% less of. ringo v crushable

7. Peter Walsh's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

A beautiful moment in pop history, caught through the lens of a momentarily absurdist comedy. Who knew Ringo had the comic timing?

8. claire evans's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Probably 4.5 really, but it's such a reminder of waiting for them to come on the telly when I was 5...

9. 'king Harold's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Innocence and fun,underrated virtues. The songwriting is incredible and that for them, despite all the hero worship, seems to be the most important aspect. Love their wit and the turns from classic players like John Junkin and Wilfred Bramble. I’m going to watch this again before it expires.

10. Superfrog's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

An harmless excuse to see the Beatles. Perfectly defensible without bringing much more above this,.

11. Robert H's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

A whimsical blend of slapstick comedy and interlude performances from a band that changed music forever. Some entertaining acting from Brambell, A Hard Day's Night is an enjoyable cheeky fiction which blends two very suitable genres, but isn't something I would choose to rewatch.

12. cin-e-phile22's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Zany antics Marx brothers,Laurel &Hardy style. Mad as hell mass culture in all its hipness & cuteness.How many more permutations & combinations will pop culture evolve into with each generation?Still amusing after all these years.

13. SamSalt's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

I've always been a massive Beatles fan but this film had dated very badly. The black and white cinematography is outstanding as is the chance to see and hear the early Beatles. As a film it's pretty dire and the sub-plot with Wilfred Brambell is just awful. See it for the photography and the music but don't exepect anything of it as a film.

14. McOpinionated's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

4 and half stars. Some youtubers shuld watch this to see how little some things change. The Beatles have the talent, and fit into the commercialised world of celebrity and the insane world of their stalker fans. Lovely gentle humour, lots of changes in pace. No way is it 5 stars though: too many keystone cop chases, and too few songs.

15. JanP's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Just as I remembered it the first time around! They were unique.

16. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

17. Nolan Barth's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

"Sorry we hurt your field, mister." This is a charming, witty film that seems like it lifts the veil on the legends that are the Beatles. After I watched it I felt like I got to know them as actual people. It has some great music and some real beautiful imagery. It's also really funny and I caught myself laughing out loud several times! I really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone and everyone.

18. Thomas Dods's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Lots of fun, influential pop video visuals which stop it being dated and obviously an excellent soundtrack. Bad acting from the Fab Four is excused!

19. Elle Johnston's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Absolutely love the Beatles but they were well before my time. This film is one of the very few chances I get to see into a period of time that I wished I lived in.

20. Trunfos's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

21. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

This is a documentary and I will not be convinced otherwise.

22. Ethan's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

With this film and Help! Richard Lester basically invented the style of the music video as we know it. A perfect blend of music and comedy.

23. James Mackin's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

Yay Richard Lester! And with the Beatles, that's dynamite.

24. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film A Hard Day's Night

The best way to describe A Hard Day's Night is fun. It doesn't aim to be anything more and it achieves nothing less. It doesn't even strive for any kind of story, really being just the Beatles strung together by various gags and songs. This isn't a complaint so much as an observation, because the movie doesn't try to be more than it is, which is a filmic vessel for the Beatles.