1. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film A History of Violence

2. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film A History of Violence

3. K.S.'s rating of the film A History of Violence

4. smndvdcl's rating of the film A History of Violence

A surprisingly linear and gripping thriller from Cronenberg that understands the weight of ghosts from the past.

5. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film A History of Violence

Impressionante come si possa facilmente deturpare la bellezza di un soggetto con pochi piccoli dettagli. I protagonisti sono lo stereotipo della famiglia media statunitense in una piccola cittadina modesta, il cui american dream viene sconvolto da dei segreti oscuri, come in mille altri film a stelle e strisce. Fino agli ultimi 15 minuti l'ho trovato guardabile, poi è andato tutto in vacca con la sparatoria in villa.

6. Blue Roses's rating of the film A History of Violence

7. Leif Erikson's rating of the film A History of Violence

You always were a problem for me, Joey. When mom brought you home from the hospital, I tried to strangle you in your crib. I guess all kids try to do that...

8. LauraPalmer's rating of the film A History of Violence

Rewatched and re-loved. B L O O D.

9. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film A History of Violence

Didn't age so well, but Cronenberg view of violence is fascinating.

10. FISCHER's rating of the film A History of Violence

Correct film de commande, cette oeuvre bancale, mais intéressante de David Cronenberg, ne mérite guère le déferlement élogieux et plutôt unanimiste de nombreuses critiques médiatiques... www.cinefiches.com

11. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film A History of Violence

Film consigliato per chi vuole vedere un bel thriller

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film A History of Violence

13. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film A History of Violence

9 - Sometimes the most straightforward questions have the most unsavory, complicated responses. The portrayal of fantasized situations that maintain a degree of verisimilitude by eluding easy answers has always been one of the facets of cinema I have prized the most.

14. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film A History of Violence

despite a stupidly idyllic exposition. moments of well-placed gruesome violence, to anti-climax -- could have benefited from even scarcer backstory, it felt jammed into a meant-to-be-satisfying 'reveal'. i'd say this is a unique one.

15. Archisaur's rating of the film A History of Violence

An interesting turn, but ulimately unfulfilling. Much of the conceptual content is later to be performed at a much higher level in Eastern Promises, though the underplay of acting reminds of much earlier Cronenberg.

16. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film A History of Violence

17. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film A History of Violence

The final shootout scene betrays a film of subtlety and grace about a past haunting the present. But the emotional core is there and the final scene itself is a powerful moment.

18. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film A History of Violence

I thought it was a well executed movie with apt staging and cinematography. But to me it didn't have that umpf. I did the like whole re-rebirth storyline and the peaks of glorified violence though. And if cinema is a story of staircase scenes... this movie offers you probably one of the more nonsensical ones. Shed a strange light on the situation for me. Interesting.

19. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film A History of Violence

20. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film A History of Violence

21. C's rating of the film A History of Violence

Maria Bello and Ed Harris are so good, Viggo Mortenson and Ashton Holmes too. What do you do when the walls close in? What do you do when you find yourself in someone else's horror show dream? To find out that "some things are in fact irrevocable and that it had counted after all, every evasion and ever procrastination, every word, all of it"? Fun riffs on Lynch (and like, Degrassi).

22. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film A History of Violence

23. Andrey Popov's rating of the film A History of Violence

Benign, or I would say rather idiotic portrayal of organised crime. Plus I don't understand how anyone can see past the fact of timeline not making ANY bloody sense.

24. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film A History of Violence

This is a movie where a man goes down on his wife and shoots people to hell.

← Previous 1 3 4 5