1. Matt Dell's rating of the film A History of Violence

very interesting plus impassioned sex scenes

2. aurkihnowe's rating of the film A History of Violence

Let's throw our guns into the lake!

3. brain goosebump's rating of the film A History of Violence

wherein a white small-town american family learns about its complicity in a vast enterprise of deception brutality and murder. despite this new knowledge they tenaciously try not to let it spoil their nice meatloaf dinner though. solid realism, a nice wholesome thanksgiving flick!

4. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film A History of Violence

5. Görkem Demir's rating of the film A History of Violence

6. lou.'s rating of the film A History of Violence

To me, a bit delusional Cronenberg.

7. Ilkan Atabay's rating of the film A History of Violence

director is good, script is shiiiit!

8. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film A History of Violence

A little slow getting there, but Cronenberg's film about the past selves we'd rather forget is ultimately haunting, and devastating. The ending, which has no dialogue, is tragic and a good use of film's visual story telling. Quite an underrated gem, this one.

9. Jo's rating of the film A History of Violence

80s/90s Cronenberg is more my cup of tea.

10. sekmadieniaislyja's rating of the film A History of Violence

what a pretentious piece of garbage

11. Adam Whybray's rating of the film A History of Violence

3.5 stars. Hugely compelling and meticulously controlled by Cronenberg at his craftiest (if not most imaginative). I always find it interesting when Canadians make films about America (see also: John Paizs' 'Crimewave'). But, the themes simply don't speak to me. I'm not interested enough in certain kinds of violence - though maybe I should be. I think I would have responded differently as an American viewer.

12. Andy King's rating of the film A History of Violence

13. fahmi khoirussani's rating of the film A History of Violence

cronenberg menyuguhkan fetish masyarakat amerika terhadap heroisme militeristik menjadi sebuah horror bagaimana teror akan melahirkan teror baru. kisah tentang seorang pria yang ingin berdamai dengan masa lalunya. sayangnya realitas yang ia hidupi hanya mengenal satu bahasa: kekerasan

14. lbunuel's rating of the film A History of Violence

It has three clear facets: one is a wry comment on the American dream; the other is a classical Dostoyevskian tale about redemption; the final is a psychological horror on doubles and lies. All of these facets are dealt with so masterfully that you can't tell one from another, and you can't even be sure if the film is being ironic or straight.

15. yovargas's rating of the film A History of Violence

16. spasmolytic's rating of the film A History of Violence

This and Cosmopolis are my two least favorite Cronenberg.

17. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film A History of Violence

so many well portrayed villains in this, they just keep a-comin'

18. burning_chrome's rating of the film A History of Violence

19. letters never sent's rating of the film A History of Violence

20. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film A History of Violence

Solid Graphic novel adaptation about how violence lead to a domino-effect on an entire family and the psychological effects it has on them. William Hurt do one of his best appearances in God knows how long time by growing himself a goatee and doing a mean vicious character. The rest of the cast is also excellent as we get Viggo, Ed and Maria in top form. Nice to see Cronenberg have a mainstream hit once in a while.

21. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film A History of Violence

Cronenberg's Tarantino picture.

22. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film A History of Violence

Obviously this greatly appeales to many people. Strangly not so much to me. Strangely, because here is a lot of violence which I like; sexy Maria Bello who does a very good performance; twists and turns make the movie interesting. However, in between the plot develops so slowly, it gets boring; Mortensen's "mildness" is disproportionate; Ed Harris' acting is poor, William Hurt's performance is a joke. Just solid.

23. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film A History of Violence