1. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Grandrieux's 'Sombre' for dummies.

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

3. msmichel's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Dynamite calling card for Adam Wingard establishing himself as a strong young voice in American cinema. Why a film like 'Snowtown' has gathered critical support and this one seems to have been passed over is a mystery. This is one of the best of its kind since "Henry POASK" or "Man Bites Dog" not faint praise by any consideration. Camera work, music and jump cutting all add to the suspenceful mix. top notch

4. KirkT's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

This looks wonderful. I can't wait for it to be available to view. How soon until it's out?

5. Hayzeus's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Amy Seimetz and A.J. Bowen are phenomenal in this and alongside a pretty good twist at the end - almost salvage this mess of a movie. This flick would've worked a lot better if Wingard played it straight. I really don't understand the decision to mess with the focus incessantly and have the handheld cam shake all over the place, it was totally unnecessary, the aesthetic added nothing to the theme of the movie.

6. FailedImitator's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Way too many out of focus transitions and fade to blacks. It just seems very lazy to me. And the story itself has a lot of holes. Having said that, I'll watch Amy Seimetz in anything. She's like a cross between Sarah and Greta Gerwig. Then again, maybe not.

7. Westley's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Very creepy mood piece. I liked the style of the camerawork, editing and music. It does have one flaw in the narrative that kind of took me out of film though: (*SPOILER*) Why wouldn't Sarah ask the police, or the FBI, for protection once she knew that Garrick was in town following her? Why would she go to a cabin in the woods instead of calling the police? Seemed like bad writing just to move the plot forward.

8. A-N-T-O-I-N-E's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Un bon essai pour se démarquer des autres films d'horreur mais je ne peux pas dire que j'ai apprécié. Le revirement final est assez original mais il sombre rapidement dans le grotesque. La façon de filmer un peu à-la-von-trier ne m'a pas dérangé, j'ai trouvé que ça «coulait» bien et l'acting était quand même okay.

9. davehalb's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

This is a terrible trick of a film. Would you expect a mumblecore drama based on this title? Because that’s what this is. I haven’t seen many mumblecore films but I’ve seen enough to know that I’m not a fan of it. And if the genre can’t be improved by adding a serial killer murdering his way across the country, I don’t think it has any business existing.

10. rllr's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Every sequence starts or ends with a blurry medium shot and that was SUCH a major turn-off I barely made it through the film, but the way the story developed was pretty satisfactory.

11. Roobarb's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Dreadfully slow-paced. More 'Thriller' than could ever be 'Horror'. Interesting enough concept, rather poor and muddled execution.

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

What a horrible way to die for American horror.

13. Tyler Aikens's rating of the film A Horrible Way to Die

Leaps and bounds more focused and mature than Pop Skull. An amazing slow burner of a thriller, though the ending could have been better. Seimetz really makes this film take off.