1. Quattro's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

I wouldn't expect such a cheeky comedy from Bergman. Really fun, a nice surprise.

2. VinceCi's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

Una commedia molto piacevole e molto attuale

3. aconeyisland's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

After a comedy from Bergman, what his filmography lacks is only a swedish classic Esther Williams/swimming pool musical. In my utopian universe it does exist and no need to say that he masters the genre wonderfully well.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

A comedic counterpart to Scenes From a Marriage. It’s my first Bergman comedy too, and fuck, this may not be as stirring as his dramas, but there’s some excellent material here. And to top it all off, it achieves something that often irks me about Classic Hollywood comedies. This isn’t puritanical! It leans in to the raunch!

5. lemonish5's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

Harriet Andersson in her supporting role as Nix is my absolute favorite thing about this film.

6. goulton green's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

Under such title, Bergman could give more than stereotypes and cynicism. Well carved theatrical twists keep the drama going, humorous exaggerations too.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

Une oeuvre limpide et légère qui est aussi un hymne à l'élément féminin... www.cinefiches.com

8. Aardsy's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

Infidelity is an invention of moralists and gossips.

9. Samuel T.'s rating of the film A Lesson in Love

"I just get so excited when I'm dancing!" Boisterous dialogue sparring via precipitous theatrics, random comic relief, young Harriet Andersson as a tomboy, intimacy, perversity, magic camera work, Björnstrand!... what is there not to love?

10. knockkneed's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

11. Mark Kasten's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

Bergman doing Lubitsch (and doing it well). The worthy predecessor and stepping stone to breakthrough that would Smiles of a Summer Night; it is similar in the theme of playfully looking for one's future in one's past and

12. Adam Suraf's rating of the film A Lesson in Love

A step back after "Sawdust and Tinsel", but charming nonetheless, with top performances, as always, from Bergman regulars Gunnar Bjornstrand and the gorgeous Eva Dahlbeck. A rare Bergman comedy, with an even rarer Bergman cameo (look closely, he's on the train with his trademark bohemian beanie).