1. bagno's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

weerasethakul mi ha rotto il cazzo

2. adampaez's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

Was hard to sit through. Images of nature and a voice-over do not make a film. And the backstory is not enough to carry it at all. Something terrible happened here so now looked at what power these images hold. Did not work on me. Maybe if it had had some more variation or more experimental sound design, at least.

3. UterusFactory's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

This felt like a haunted teaser trailer

4. Timmy93's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

I guess I missed the point but the film was a waste of my time. Incoherent thoughts and random camera work do not make an artful movie.

5. Bilan's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

6. Tutu888's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

A masterclass in making 17 minutes a very long time. Maybe you had to watch the feature film about uncle Boonmee first to appreciate this.

7. msmichel's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

Fascinating prelude to the Cannes winning feature.

8. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

I agree with one of the reviews I've seen on this board. This movie to me is deeply immersive but I can't really tell anyone what's so good about it. I agree that it has it's own language which makes it hard to see the narrative at times. On the other hand it makes up for it through tangible visual and emotional power.

9. Konstantin Lazorkin's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

10. anarresti's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

Perfect to watch after the feature Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives. Peter Greenaway has been a critic of cinema that is a mere ilustration of novels and plays. With Apichatpong, we do feel there is something truly other than just filming a narrative. There is a specific language. An intriguing one. Made with moving images, with words, sounds. With human emotion, landscape. This is cinema. At its best.

11. gaafgaaf's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

Cuando Weerasethakul no encuentra las cosas más bellas se las inventa ¿Puede realmente controlar la naturaleza con la precisión que muestra ese plano en el que voltea la cámara hacia el cielo? Su cámara lo puede todo, empezando por conciliar vidas presentes y pasadas, de las personas y los lugares. Hermoso.

12. Melmoe's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

It felt boring and random without telling a story.

13. Miggy Angel's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

with minimal means & a meditative style this highly poetic short film reveals the project at the heart of Weerasethakul's films - such as Mysterious Object at Noon & Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, etc - is the impulse to commemorate the stories of the living & the dead from his community - every frame of this powerful film is infused with that inherently human, tragic, political endeavour - very moving

14. ironbound's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

15. Adam Whybray's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

Obtusely hypnotizing. Provides political context for the later feature film.

16. Cengizhan Kuş's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

unbeliievable.sensation and real story telling without alienation to nature of cinematography

17. Marcela Cardoso's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

energetic, the colors of nature power is amazing!!! the art, director genius!!

18. Ben Beitler's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

I wish more of his films were available on MUBI. Does anyone know where we can watch them?

19. Mary Anne Magajes's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

THIS SHORT MAYBE FOLLOWED BY WINNING CANNES 2010 WINNER.

20. wseoling's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

21. Tramberrd's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

A beautiful treatment of windows.

22. M Klein's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

Do I sound like a complete philistine if I say I liked this far more than I expected? A very beguiling and expansive feel to this film. Although he's going over old ground abit, he's still utterly himself and unlike anyone else.

23. Nicolò's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee

I don't get this film... what is the story about? who are the narrators? why does it repeat the same narration twice at the beginning? what's the relation between what's being said and the images that are being shown? I'm very confused.

24. Ryan Borja's rating of the film A Letter to Uncle Boonmee