1. kartina obskura's rating of the film A Little Princess

2. Huey McEvoy's rating of the film A Little Princess

If Cuarón comes across as a choosier Spielberg, then Emmanuel Lubezki is his John Williams. The story is as old as stone, and the acting is far from a masterclass, but the richly sumptuous set design and photography are stunning. As with Children of Men, it's the little details that are the mark of the director: I loved the black balloon rising forebodingly in the background as Miss Minchin breaks the news to Sara.

3. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film A Little Princess

Forget Shirley Temple. This very handsome adaptation is the one to see. Eleanor Bron is superbly steely and elegant as a villainess.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film A Little Princess

5. hamsa's rating of the film A Little Princess

makes me cry every time.

6. marco's rating of the film A Little Princess

7. carlajrzg's rating of the film A Little Princess

8. Andrew Miller's rating of the film A Little Princess

I'm fond of the novel, and wanted to like this better.

9. pluviosity's rating of the film A Little Princess

well, some questionable geographical, historical, cultural settings, yet still a nice cinematography. So for a book that I never managed to like, this adaptation made it quite okay.

10. Ghostman's rating of the film A Little Princess

Deeply moving and profound. An essential film. Cuaron is astonishing. Mad props to chivo too.

11. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film A Little Princess

One of the few movies that appeals to children as well as adults, both will enjoy equally.... I've always thought "A Little Princess" is a crap-title, and doesn't reflect the subject-matter very well.

12. amysimpson's rating of the film A Little Princess

13. jenifferp's rating of the film A Little Princess

14. Louisa's rating of the film A Little Princess

I love this film so much. My favourite film when I was a kid.

15. Lorena Brandão's rating of the film A Little Princess

16. Eddy's rating of the film A Little Princess

Beautiful video essay looks back at the work of Alfonso Cuaron! https://vimeo.com/77015765

17. Seth Farmer's rating of the film A Little Princess

18. Dan Bayer's rating of the film A Little Princess

One of the best of a remarkable run of great family films from the 90s. I wish Cuaron would do more in this vein.

19. meancreek's rating of the film A Little Princess

As distressing as it is enchanting, Cuaron has carved something magical here.

20. ricovskij's rating of the film A Little Princess

21. Algitya's rating of the film A Little Princess

I'm not sure what kind of element of this film that made this more heartwarmth than the original.

22. Ana Silva's rating of the film A Little Princess

"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young. They're still princesses. All of us. Didn't your father ever tell you that? Didn't he?"

23. Kim Gérard's rating of the film A Little Princess

My favourite film when I was a child...

24. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film A Little Princess

While launching it I didn't know it was an adaptation of the eponymous book! Thus kind of a live version of the mega cult animé Princess Sarah \o/. Too bad it's way too much telefilmesque in the form ...