1. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

Great movie with an affecting performance by Lassgård who aptly supported by the rest of the cast. Production design manages to capture the different timelines and the photo and music underscores the tragedy and the humorous. The only real downsides here is that the direction lacks flair and that we have seen this type of story before. Still a very emotional and engaging movie worth your time.

2. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

The first thing that strikes me is the fantastic make-up job that has been done on Rolf Lassgård to make him even older and more grumpy. After that one get a movie that trigger both the funny bones and the emotional core as we get to see how one man is changed by fate and accidents to become the personality that he is. It is a satisfying predictable watch worthy of a watch as Rolf Lassgård is fantastic in the role.

3. Ioana Mihai's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

embracing my inner cheesiness

4. wiwitaek's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

pop version of Wild Strawberries with hints of comedy. Entertainment, but not memorable, I guess.

5. SafeStanding's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

A curmudgeon with the best intentions, just misunderstood until given a chance. This bittersweet film has everything in the right proportions. A credit to all involved.

6. msmichel's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

A by the numbers audience pleaser that holds no surprises but does contain two central performances of note by Rolf Lassgard (Ove) and a wonderful Bahar Pars as his new Iranian neighbour. The film does have its moments both funny and sad but the viewer winds up feeling manipulated in an obvious way.

7. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

8. Chichago_'s rating of the film A Man Called Ove

"Whatever we do in this life, we will not live past it."

9. Rininta Irientantya's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

3 to 3.5, love the simple characters, reminds you with the simplicity of life, melancholically.

10. Leif Erikson's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

Some people say that fate is the result of our own foolishness...

11. Mohammad Ebrahimian's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

12. Henrique Amud's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

A melancholic but often times hilarious tale about loneliness that works much better when it plays to its dark comedic strengths than when it tries to be a cute modern fable. I didn't even mind the old-man-with-a-grudge cliché because it was done fairly well, but some narrative and tone choices (either too slapstick or too melodramatic) left me baffled, especially because there was room here for a great film.

13. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

It’s undeniable that everything in the feel-good “A Man Called Ove” was neatly arranged to please. However, its charm and message make us forget the originality it wasn’t capable of showing. (3.5 stars)

14. the_mentaculus's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

A little too satisfying. Structured oddly like Pixar's Up but with more suicidal overtones (and a headstrong, pregnant Iranian immigrant instead of a Wilderness Scout), it hits all the right notes in ways that began, after about halfway through the running time, to feel pandering. Or award bait. One or two more risks would have improved the experience.

15. vizija's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

16. wi.bi's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

light, funny, emotional. This is kind of a smiple story in our daily life but with sense of comical and tragedy.

17. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

18. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

Delightful film. Love story beautifully told/recalled. Very good character development, good acting by the ensemble cast. A very positive film without sex, nudity or thrills.

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

Conocida trama sobre un hombre maduro y amargado que comienza a ceder ante una serie de personajes. Comedia a la europea, redención e hilos dramáticos.

20. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

21. Daniel Grudsky's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

3,5. Recursos y trama no original, pero la suma de un actor protagónico de primera clase más un entorno cultural y fotográfico propio ( película sueca) y una narrativa extraordianria, hacen de esta película una agradable forma de aprender sobre las enseñanzas de la vida en forma extrema por una parte y unn poco de humor sano en relación a los problemas de esta misma....un acierto

22. Mark Tallo's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

23. Sezen Tezic's rating of the film A Man Called Ove

After this movie I had a sympathy for old cranky men :) It warmed my heart! Nice storytelling

24. Meriç Aksu's rating of the film A Man Called Ove