1. FISCHER's rating of the film A Married Woman

Interdit pendant deux mois à sa sortie en octobre 1964 par les féroces et sournois censeurs de l'époque, un film fort bavard, d'un ennui fréquent, malgré certains coups de génie dans l'écriture cinématographique... www.cinefiches.com

2. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film A Married Woman

"Men always accept for themselves what they don't accept from women."

3. Gioele's rating of the film A Married Woman

Delicato come le carezze innamorate dei protagonisti

4. theraserb's rating of the film A Married Woman

5. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film A Married Woman

godard chico buarcando. QUE FOTO, mas não simpatizei com a audrey hep francesa

6. glhrmefc's rating of the film A Married Woman

One of the most interesting films I've seen recently. The scenes of the hands, the thoughts, the use of the negative and the final scene, all this made this movie charming

7. zoerose's rating of the film A Married Woman

What is the mission of cinema after the greatest human barbarity on European soil?While the Holocaust becomes an unanswered question in the background,Godard embarks on cinematic exercises of form wondering;is cinema a caress or a blow,is it about memory or the present,should cinema be faithful or unfaithful to reality?Can love thrive again after the WWII meltdown?Can cinema give the answers to our emotional impasse?

8. Eugénie's rating of the film A Married Woman

Délicat, frais et très parlant. Ce film est arrivé à un bon moment dans ma vie et il provoque la réflexion, la nourrit, lui fait du bien.

9. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film A Married Woman

I get the impression that Godard with movies like this and 2 or 3 Things I Know About Her is trying to analyse movies like Scenes from a Marriage. Which is weird. Obviously he's commenting on consumerism and the emtiness of bourgeois life that Bergman (and others) with great skill bless with an emotional reality that Godard is not interested in at all.

10. henk@loftmatic.com's rating of the film A Married Woman

Final score: 8. Storyline: 8, Originality: 8, Cinematography: 10, Involvement: 7, Sound: 8, Editing: 10, Educational: 9, Title design: 7, Acting: 8, Interesting: 9, Unusual: 10, Exciting: 7, Superior: 8

11. captainfez's rating of the film A Married Woman

Everyone in this film is a dick. Especially the dicks.

12. black frank's rating of the film A Married Woman

the main actors are charmless ..but that's beside the point ... the star of the movie is godard..through the dialogue the shots and montage .. he does things in film no one else does to this day ... by comparison makes modern cinema appear unadventurous and unambitious

13. Fabian's rating of the film A Married Woman

Película ññena de simbolismos y con uno de las mejores en el uso de la cámara. Diálogos inteligentes y con contenido. En sí, es una gran película de Godard que sobresale aún sin la participación de Anna Karina.

14. Esteban Henao's rating of the film A Married Woman

Well that woman is undeniably beautiful. The use of close ups here is very apealling too, makes the scenes very nice and gorgeous, the camera movement is very interesting too. I really liked the chase scene when they are listening to that weird record. There was something kind of comedic there that stood out for me. I just don't have the confidence to say that I understood the story, past the obvious...

15. Gino Eelen's rating of the film A Married Woman

My first Godard and I loved it. Really resonated with me. Sublime photography and narration; although perhaps sometimes a bit overly intellectualising, but that's just part of Godard/French/Sixties I guess. The doctor has only a small part, but he is absolutely hilarious in his helpless inadequacy to provide answers to life's questions.

16. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film A Married Woman

17. orbisalterius's rating of the film A Married Woman

18. Julie Portier's rating of the film A Married Woman

chef d'oeuvre (en noir et blanc)

19. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film A Married Woman

20. alice's rating of the film A Married Woman

Un film dall'estetica pulita avente il suo apogeo nella bellezza levigata, impenetrabile, incantevole, sbarazzina e al tempo stesso solenne della Méril.

21. jananonloso's rating of the film A Married Woman

Maybe the best bed scenes I have seen!

22. Ludovic72's rating of the film A Married Woman

Sur un thème archi-classique (l'hésitation entre le mari et l'amant), Godard montre que son cinéma peut être absolument sensuel, tout en gardant sa redoutable intelligence analytique. La fragmentation des corps et des discours - naviguant entre intimité et société, entre intelligence et publicité, entre oral et écrit - illustre la complexité des rapports humains et leur indécision. Et quelle science du cadrage !

23. Fernando Arteaga Cabello's rating of the film A Married Woman

Película sensual, que empata muy bien lo gráfico con los diálogos, aunque más que diálogos en ocasiones son solo una lluvia de pensamientos inteligentes. Refleja muy bien la época en que se realizó. Un poco lenta para mi gusto, pero creo que no podría ser de otra forma para lograr su objetivo.

24. Ekaterina's rating of the film A Married Woman

Ein Atemzug für die Seele, ein Herzschlag für den Geist, das Kino des Augenblicks. Dankeschön Monsieur Godard!